Focus Fanatics Forum banner

41 - 60 of 224 Posts

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
So now we're at a $640 kit plus maybe $150 plus.

I preloaded my suspension by setting my wheels on blocks. I don't have access to a lift. You preloaded beyond what the rest of us have, and that's why you're so much lower. It's all good. But the original point is still the same, the kit doesn't come remotely near specs. No matter how you preload, you aren't getting the adjustment that is specified.
I gotcha. Well hopefully vmaxx will resolve some of the issues with the kits.

·
Banned
12,313 Posts
I got this image from another member on the out of the box VMaxx and this is his measure at full up on 16" stockers

And that measure is just shy of where mine sits on lowering springs..

And anyone that bought VMaxx coilovers will get Ksport uppet strut mounts (pillowball style) they list them (will call to verify) for my cost of $100.00 + exact shipping...(also need to verify of sold single or as a pair) I will call to verify Monday. Jus email me at [email protected] to get on the list

I had a long conversation with VMaxx and they are looking into these issues.
sent from some beach :)

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
I got this image from another member on the out of the box VMaxx and this is his measure at full up on 16" stockers

And that measure is just shy of where mine sits on lowering springs..

And anyone that bought VMaxx coilovers will get Ksport uppet strut mounts (pillowball style) they list them (will call to verify) for my cost of $100.00 + exact shipping... I will call to verify Monday. Jus email me at [email protected] to get on the list

I had a long conversation with VMaxx and they are looking into these issues.
Nice :)

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
I don't have Vmax but just for comparison purposes. Here are my front and rear fender measurements on stock 16"s with fully settled sportlines. Stock shocks.
Front 24 3/4"
Rear 25 1/8"

·
That Guy
13,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
I don't have Vmax but just for comparison purposes. Here are my front and rear fender measurements on stock 16"s with fully settled sportlines. Stock shocks.
Front 24 3/4"
Rear 25 1/8"
Nope, that compares pretty favorably to the V-Maxx numbers that Justin just put up.

·
Banned
12,313 Posts
Ill remeasure my settled VMaxx lowering spring this weekend

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Nope, that compares pretty favorably to the V-Maxx numbers that Justin just put up.
I was shocked to see that^. The rear goes a bit lower, but for 3 times the cost you'd expect to be able to drop it lower. Especially since I am bounce free on the sportlines.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I know this is not related to this main topic, but what do you mean my pre-loading your coilovers on installing?

Regards,
Vince

·
Sonic Crew #04
7,513 Posts
Lol i typed the wrong thing he got it right with the defective :)
Then why swap over to solid's front to back? If defective wouldn't they have just given you a new one free of cost?
They did but im not to found of hollow bars. Didnt realize they were until it broke
my point was that a lot of high end cars and race cars use hollow sway bars, in general it is not a problem, solid won't snap but adds weight

·
That Guy
13,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
This thread isn't designed to be a hate/love V-Maxx thread. This is simply about passing the knowledge and information to people whom might be interested in purchasing them in the future. Like I said in my initial post, these coils are definitely going to work for some people and provide the look that some want. They won't have a problem with pulling the helpers and lock ring and won't need much or any adjustment in the rear. But some people are going to order the product based on having seen a few photos of other cars with them installed, and then be disappointed when they have to go through the steps in order to achieve it. I sent a message to everyone that I knew either has the coils installed or on the way to get input in this thread, and so far the majority that have responded agree with me on what has to be done to make them work.

If someone has a picture where the rear is raised to a much higher level, they need to describe not only how it is installed to get it but how much adjustment they have from there to full low. This is part of why I believe that there should be some form of instruction provided with the kit-there is a huge variance in what Austin is showing versus what the majority is showing versus what is shown in the mystery picture.

I know this is not related to this main topic, but what do you mean my pre-loading your coilovers on installing?

Regards,
Vince
You can't pre-load these coils. What we're talking about is the loosening and re-tightening of the elastomeric and clamped-bushing joints in the suspension. You loosen them with the wheels off, put your wheels back on, lower the car, roll it back and forth to remove any tension from the system, and then re-clamp the bolts with the car at its ride height. This puts those connections at an optimal location for the new suspension travel. You can jack each wheel up independently and force those connections at an even lower final ride-height, but that forces the suspension to believe that the car is much heavier than it really is and will result in premature suspension wear.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Thanks for clearing that up for my Duane,
I started to misunderstand what was meant at first. :)

Regards,
Vince

·
That Guy
13,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Thanks for clearing that up for my Duane,
I started to misunderstand what was meant at first. :)

Regards,
Vince
That's not a problem, it has confused others as well. It's actually something that should be done after any lowering procedure-even drop springs.

Anyways, here is a picture of the rear at full down. It is definitely not 30 mm. How someone could get a 26" fender height with this is beyond me, unless the photo was taken immediately after the car was put on the ground but before the parking brake was released-

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Looks to be 15mm from what I can see..

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
It's actually 11mm because the threads past the lock ring are un-usable.
Well, that's even worse since it puts it at not even half of what was quoted. Hopefully, they'll get this resolved because I know a lot of members seemed to be interested in the Vmaxx coilovers due to the affordable price range but..... [doorpeek]

·
Registered
218 Posts
They're the cheapest in the uk. I brought mine for 275pounds (415dollars) and the next set of coilovers start at 1200pounds upwards

Regards,
Vince

41 - 60 of 224 Posts