Focus Fanatics Forum banner

181 - 200 of 224 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
This low.

I'm at roughly 23.5-23.75", but I have 18" wheels with under-sized tires and haven't had to modify the pinch-weld yet. I've seen a couple of Mk3's lower than mine, but they were running 17's.

I definitely don't recommend the V-Maxx as you're going to have to modify them for fitment to start with, let alone getting much lower than Sportlines (for 4x the cost). There were claims that there would be fixes available the 1st of the year and that there would be an actual Mk3 set, but neither have come to fruition. My rears have frozen in under a years' time and they all-around look like hell-and I don't even have 'winter' to deal with.

On the plus side, they ride rather well when it's warm (if you're not on bump-stops).
So what would be a good coilover to get

·
Registered
600 Posts
H&R, even though somewhat pricey, are the best available. D2 & K-Sport make less expensive coilovers but I have seen mixed reviews on them. I think Blake Hollander has the D2s on his white MK3. He may be able to provide feedback on them.

·
Registered
364 Posts
So what would be a good coilover to get
Vogtland. COs. Take a look at my thread about the 2014 spring comparison.. Towards the end. OldGray is in the process of a possible group buy in them. Excellent reviews in the Audi/VW community. Made in Germany.

I will be buying these with our without the group buy. Can't stand H&R customer service. Good luck if you ever need help or run into a warranty, use/fitment issue. But YMMV.

By the way Ksport and D2 are the same COs. Different labeling only. Same part number LOL.

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
There are also ST (KW), ISC, BC Racing... all of which we are a dealer for
Could you message me your prices on each of these coil overs for the mk3? Thank you.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Looks way cool. Also looks bagged, unless the coils are wound all the way down.

And, if you're driving down the street in that, you're missing kidneys or parts off the bottom of your car...

But it does look way cool.

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
The black st to the left of it looks even lower. Surprised they could make it out of a driveway being that low.

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
They both look terrific! I hope to be nice and low within the next year.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I hate to ask this with all the low-loving going on in this thread, but does anyone have pics of how HIGH the V-Maxx kit can go? I'm more interested in a daily-driver aspect. I know they will still handle well at higher levels, but am interested in what it would look like. Anyone?

·
I WILL correct you.
5,328 Posts
I hate to ask this with all the low-loving going on in this thread, but does anyone have pics of how HIGH the V-Maxx kit can go? I'm more interested in a daily-driver aspect. I know they will still handle well at higher levels, but am interested in what it would look like. Anyone?

·
Focus Addict
14,132 Posts
Short of stacking parts the wrong way the highest the spec sheet says they go is -30 mm from stock, although that was relative to the European MK2 fitment, not the MK3 which is different enough not to make it fit properly.

[idea]

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
That's great news!!! Is the price point projected to be the same or higher?

181 - 200 of 224 Posts