Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Coming from a pick up truck and going into a Focus, while it has been easier on my wallet for gas costs, does come with its drawbacks. Such as the absence of 4x4, LSD and the rumble of a 5.3L V8. Now while many of the absences have translated into better fuel economy and my commute during winter being only slightly tedious when considering a fuel economy that is twice what I got from my truck.

In considering the 2013 has the addition of a LSD I was considering a modification adding it into a 2012 Focus SE. So to quote the guys from Top Gear. How hard can it be? Thoughts?

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Moved to the MkIII section, "tuning" section here is for electronic PCM tuning questions.

There's no LSD avail. stock on any Focus, IF you have a manual trans (MTX-75) the aftermarket option of a Quaiffe unit is possible (most others are currently not avail. new).

·
Focus Addict
14,132 Posts
Where are you hearing that the 2013 has a diff?
The closest thing the stock MK3 Focus has to an LSD is the brake based torque vectoring control, but the differential on the transmission is of the open type.

·
__________/\__
2,183 Posts
Coming from a pick up truck and going into a Focus, while it has been easier on my wallet for gas costs, does come with its drawbacks. Such as the absence of 4x4, LSD and the rumble of a 5.3L V8. Now while many of the absences have translated into better fuel economy and my commute during winter being only slightly tedious when considering a fuel economy that is twice what I got from my truck.

In considering the 2013 has the addition of a LSD I was considering a modification adding it into a 2012 Focus SE. So to quote the guys from Top Gear. How hard can it be? Thoughts?
Glancing quickly at your title, I thought it read "Using LSD in the 2013 Focus SE" (dyslexic)

Timothy Leary almost came back from the dead until I realized the LSD you were referring to was Limited Slip Differential.

Your Focus is equipped with traction control and torque vectoring (which I like but some don't).

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Timothy Leary almost came back from the dead until I realized the LSD you were referring to was Limited Slip Differential.

Your Focus is equipped with traction control.
I understand that it comes with stability control, but what I am reffering to is whether or not you can add the LSD from the 2013 Ford Foci to a 2012?

http://www.cars.com/ford/focus/2013/standard-equipment

I looked up for the 2013 and for that model year it comes with a limited slip diff. As seen in the link provided.

·
Focus Addict
14,132 Posts
I understand that it comes with stability control, but what I am reffering to is whether or not you can add the LSD from the 2013 Ford Foci to a 2012?

http://www.cars.com/ford/focus/2013/standard-equipment

I looked up for the 2013 and for that model year it comes with a limited slip diff. As seen in the link provided.
That's not a valid source, and absolutely no 2012-2015 Focus has come from the factory with a limited slip differential.

http://www.quaifeamerica.com/qdf20z-2.html Quaife makes an aftermarket differential for the MTX-75, and the MMT6 behind the ST, but there's nothing for the DCT gearbox, and no factory LSD.

Traction control, ABS, and Torque Vectoring yes, mechanical LSD, not on your life.

·
__________/\__
2,183 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oh okay nevermind, well now I know. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Just out of curiosity, how many FWD transaxles are limited slip?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts