Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used studs instead of bolts to secure their SVT header? Any trouble getting the header to fit with the studs in place, and what length studs did you use? I'm looking to using stainless ARP studs.

·
Premium Member
7,498 Posts
I believe its only 2.

but if you use studs wont it be a pita to get to the ones in the middle?

·
Premium Member
6,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's why I'm asking... I don't know if it would render the studs unreachable, or if a certain length would be too long or too short. I'm hoping someone who's tried will post.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
i recomend getting the header bolt kit for zetec/svt @ massive for $10. i just ordered one like 15 mins ago! LOL thats crazy

·
Premium Member
6,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't mean to be rude guys, but bolts are not what I'm looking for.

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
if you ever tok off your header... there is 3 stud in the block, and they use nuts to sacure the header ot the block.

he's is asking if anyone tried it and if so, did they run into any problems with them.

honestly i think you would run into the bottom hole/stud becuzse of hte header... but if you need the studs let me know i htink i can find my 3 or at lease 2.

·
C2H5OH
11,867 Posts
You have 2 studs already, correct?

Switch spots with a bolt and see, duh. lol

Oh, I suppose your gonna come at me with something like 'I can't the stock stud is waaaay too long as it is'. To which I won't argue.

IIRC when I way checking mine, now this is for a FC header mind you, M8x1.25 and 38mm long seemed to be the best fit with the least waste.

BTW I wouldn't waste my money on ARP stuff, just paying for a name in this case.

Try Dorman part numbers, 434-608 for nuts and 675-339 for studs (have them both sitting in front of me right now).
You may want a little longer stud, I don't know how thick the SVT flange is. Should be close though.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
just got the header bolt/stud kit from massive. they look awesome, the bolts are round headed allen wrench style, really shiny too!

·
Registered
237 Posts
You cant find any studs? I used studs on my header. I just took a stock one into Fastenal and got a full set of Grade 8 studs, nuts, and lock washers. Im sure any fastener store would be able to hook you up. 8x1.25 is a really common pitch.

·
Premium Member
6,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
You cant find any studs? I used studs on my header. I just took a stock one into Fastenal and got a full set of Grade 8 studs, nuts, and lock washers. Im sure any fastener store would be able to hook you up. 8x1.25 is a really common pitch.
I can definitely find them; I just wanted to hear about experiences anyone had using ALL studs for the header. Were you able to install it without fitment problems?

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts
I don't get what all this hype is about, I mean, why would anyone want to put a few hot guys between two pieces of metal? [dunno] it's beyond me.....

haha just kidding, but from what I hear, aren't they supposed to make a more secure fitment?

·
C2H5OH
11,867 Posts
With a stud the load is on the fastener. With a bolt the load is on the threads, i.e. stripped head.

·
Premium Member
6,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well, I guess it can't hurt to just give it a try and see if I can't get that header in there without a problem. Thanks everyone.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts