Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone either put in the fog light bezel in a non-fog light car or taken the fog light out of the bezel on an equipped car in order to get more air to their intake? My friend said something about it a while back and I was looking at random parts and saw the bezel I would need. I'd probably put some sort of mesh over the opening to keep large debris out and maybe use some brake ducting and possibly fab up a box to direct air to the intake.

Just wondering if anyone has done this and if it would be worth it.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Honestly if you want to do something like that go with the Newmission mod. That way you could still get fog lights if you wanted.

·
Registered
259 Posts
I put fog lights on my focus because they weren't factory on mine and I love them couldn't see myself giving up this luxary to worry about water intrusion

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
You already have an FSWerks CAI, don't worry with it. You won't get any magical horsepower out of doing this.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I mean it is pretty common in drag racing to take a head light out or something to get more air directly to the intake. There is probably an equal chance of water getting in there with or without the fog light cover. I don't have fog lights and I don't really want to add them, I hate dealing with wiring.

What is the newmission mod?

·
Registered
795 Posts
I mean it is pretty common in drag racing to take a head light out or something to get more air directly to the intake. There is probably an equal chance of water getting in there with or without the fog light cover. I don't have fog lights and I don't really want to add them, I hate dealing with wiring.

Search it. Hard to explain.

·
Registered
9,258 Posts
I dont see why people are worried about water. Newmissions is about the same height. There should be no worry about water intrusion if you did this mod. Unless you drive in a few feet of water. But you shouldnt be doing that in the first place with such a small car

·
Registered
9,258 Posts

http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=265000

2012 Focus Custom Ram Air How-To
here you go bud

·
Registered
9,258 Posts
Thanks.

Kind of what I was planning on doing anyways. I thought it was a Mk2 mod, not a Mk3.
It is an mk3 mod. Dont worry about water if you choose the fog route. Should be cool and definitely do a write up. If you are honestly worried of water, a prefilter will work :) dont listen to these guys, as you can see in that thread, the water subject has been dismissed for obvious reasons

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It is an mk3 mod. Dont worry about water if you choose the fog route. Should be cool and definitely do a write up. If you are honestly worried of water, a prefilter will work :) dont listen to these guys, as you can see in that thread, the water subject has been dismissed for obvious reasons
Yeah, I'm not worried about water. I've driven the car in heavy rain on horrible roads where the water pools up without problems. It is at the same level as the fog light anyways. I've got nothing to do for two weeks until classes start again, so this will give me something to do.

·
Registered
9,258 Posts
Yeah, I'm not worried about water. I've driven the car in heavy rain on horrible roads where the water pools up without problems. It is at the same level as the fog light anyways. I've got nothing to do for two weeks until classes start again, so this will give me something to do.
Good luck bud! Keep us posted!

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Instead of air induction I would pull both lights and run hoses to make front brake coolers. Prob not needed but would something be different

·
Registered
3 Posts
Are you planning on using a foglight bezel on just one side?

How about cutting an opening into your blank bezel and filling it with mesh? You'll get a bigger, yet more concealed, opening that way.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts