Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at amplifying the 4 door speakers (or just the front 2) on my 05 ZX3. I have a 600 watt 2-channel amp I took out of my car that was being used for the subs. I was wondering if I could use this amp to power all 4 door speakers using the wiring diagram I found from Crutchfield. I would imagine I could use this amp to at least power the 2 front door speakers, but 4 would be better.

Thanks.

http://akamaipix.crutchfield.com/ca/learningcenter/car/subwoofer_wiring/4SVC_4-ohm_2ch.jpg

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
Yea you got it! But be careful with the wattage because the amp could be too much for speakers and blow them. What is the RMS per channel?

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
99% of door speakers are 4ohm so as long as your amp can handle a 2ohm load in stereo mode you should be fine.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The amp I'm thinking of using is a Boss Audio CH-450 2-channel amp. My other question is regarding physical connections. The amp has one set of RCA inputs and 2 speaker outputs. My Alpine head unit has RCA connections for Front and Rear speakers. This is all getting sooo confusing! I think at this point I might as well buy a 4-channel amp.

Final question: Is there a way to avoid running dedicated speaker wire to each speaker if I add an amp? I was thinking of tapping into the wires that are already run from the radio to the door. I would basically group all the wires together and run them to the amp, which I would mount underneath either the passenger or driver seat.

THANKS!

·
Registered
776 Posts
the stock speaker wire is horrible. I would recomment running larger wires. The stock wires can't handle much more power than the h/u will provide while maintaining a "clean" sound.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts