Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Assuming these things work and the "old faded crusty look" can be corrected, what do you think they're worth? $650 sounds expensive. I emailed asking for photos.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/pts/917031348.html

I'm interested in adding the look and function of HID projector lights to my SVTF, but I'd like it as close to plug-n-play OEM as possible. HIDs was the one option I wanted my SVTF to have when I bought it in August. Unfortunately, the '02 didn't have an HID headlight option. I'm not looking for another project and I'm not looking to spend a fortune. I could be asking for too much?

·
Registered
2,807 Posts
sounds expensive. also remember that they are not completly plug and play. you would need the adapter harness, or maybe that the converters that are mentioned?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
889 Posts
just get some projectors from ebay around 150 shipped + hids u can find them for $100 shipped, prolly even cheaper, but ull need to slice ur harness to hook them up, but instead of $650 youll only spend like $260 at most with a pretty similar look.

·
Banned
1,355 Posts
I say do it. Those headlights new are at least 700-1k new, and you can have OEM quality. Don't fake the funk like many others with the Ebay projectors or Mach-a-likes

·
Banned
2,814 Posts
What are my options for adding HID to my SVTF?

This is the best option I've seen: http://forums.focaljet.com/new-products-deals/567149-ford-racing-hid-conversions-735-00-a.html

It doesn't look like that product is available at this time.

I have that same wiring harness - brand new - for sale, and will soon have a very decent set of the used lights ready to sell for $500 shipped.

$650 is indeed way too much for used ones that need restoration. Although mine aren't perfect (there's the typical - but still very minor - yellowing and cracking), they aren't going to need restoration for quite a while.

In fact, here's how they looked on the car a mere two weeks ago:

As for making your own harness (what I did), installing and such, here's close to everything you need to know:

http://homepage.mac.com/alf/HIDlights/index.html

http://www.ofoc.ca/HID/index.html

I do have people with dibs on both the harness and lights, but I haven't heard from the harness guy in a few days (he has until tomorrow), and I haven't told the light guy that they're ready to go yet - not sure he's still interested.

Point is: I may be able to sell you what you need. You can check with me in a few days, or I'll check back in here...

·
Registered
776 Posts
check out this website

www.izntrbl.com

Send them you're headlights, they will retrofit G35 HID projectors into your headlights, paint the chrome backing of the headlight to whatever colour you want and send them back for the same money as those headlights on craigslist.

·
Registered
776 Posts
sorry they aren't G35, they're FX somethin or other.

·
Banned
2,814 Posts
check out this website

www.izntrbl.com

Send them you're headlights, they will retrofit G35 HID projectors into your headlights, paint the chrome backing of the headlight to whatever colour you want and send them back for the same money as those headlights on craigslist.

That's pretty awesome.

·
Registered
776 Posts
they'll pretty much do everything however you want. Including angel eyes, 4200k, 6000k, or 10000k HIDs, painted chrome backing, etc.

My uncle got his 96 Mark VIIIs headlights done and they look pimp. Pretty quick turn around as well. 2 weeks.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Here are photos of the head lights. I'm thinking of offering $400 for them. What do you think?

ford.pdf

note: select option 2, enter security code and download.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Can anyone tell me what I would need to hook these lights up to my '02 halogen reflector lens lights?

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Can anyone tell me what I would need to hook these lights up to my '02 halogen reflector lens lights?
Hi Frank,
Just wanted to reply so you could see the mods on my SVT. Kim and I really needed the heated seats today. I have the halogen lights and I love them!! They work great out in the country where we live now. I know there are a lot of questionable set ups and I will ask the local people what they think. These SVTs are a blast but the FF forums have helped alot. I will try and PM you tomorrow.

dan

1 - 13 of 13 Posts