Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was looking at eBay yesterday when I noticed someone in GA was selling their HID lamps, ballasts, sockets & bulbs for $225. Without thinking, I bid that price and at this time, I am nearly the owner of the set. (won the bidding, but yet to pay)

Question for you guys is, how much are they really worth? It might be too far for me to back out of it but I want a sense of what I'm getting myself into.

Also what do I need in order to install them on my 2k4 D23E? Are different pig tail required?

Let me know guys, time is of the essence.

Edit: eBay auction #140613364746

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Sorry, I meant HID package on an SVT...The picture of the car is indeed an SVT. However, do you have an idea as to the cost of these used things, in good/excellent condition?

·
FF's Night Security
28,766 Posts
lol thanks, this is my normal awake hours since I work at night, and I'm currently at work right now lol.

Well if those are the real deal then you may have a good deal on your hands there. They did retail for a crap load like the seller said, now if they are worth that now I'm not sure. But considering you should get everything to make them work then it should be a good deal IMO. All depending on the condition of everything.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Since it looks like you have HID's on your ZX3, do you remember if I needed separate pigtail connectors for the HID set up from the regular halogens?

God I hope this impulse buy turns out alright...what was I thinking?! (one thing I clearly wasn't thinking of having happen was me being the only bidder!!)

·
FF's Night Security
28,766 Posts
I hope your impulse buy works out for you too. I do have HID's but I don't have the factory ones. The SVT I have does, but I haven't even got it up and running yet. All I know is they say Hella on the bottom of the lights and are from Germany, but they are the factory HID lights. I do know you need to splice the wires or something like that but I am not completely sure. Check out the How to Section surely there is a how to on it.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I see, so the seller is talking about some pig tails that he is offering for some type of discount. I went to the how to section but the information wasn't nearly as clear as I was hoping...

·
FF's Night Security
28,766 Posts
Well the seller said it came with everything needed to bolt in so I'm assuming he means that stuff too. Sorry about the how to section not being clear, but here is the perfect opportunity to make a better how to.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hahha! True that Sleepy. Thanks for the info Viper. I'll update you all when it goes down.

·
PARTS HUNTER
3,001 Posts
You will need to buy the right wiring harness, if the guy you bought them from didnt include them.

You will also have to make some changes to the wring in your steering column for high beams and low beams.
No changes in the column unless u want to do the high beam mod(not factory) when ur low and high beams stay on (for machs and st170's) in the how section. U can make ur own plug for under $15

·
Registered
238 Posts
No changes in the column unless u want to do the high beam mod(not factory) when ur low and high beams stay on (for machs and st170's) in the how section. U can make ur own plug for under $15
Just curious how you could make your own plug for under $15. I've looked everywhere and only saw about $25 for one even buying the connector and wires seperate.

Also, here's the how to install them. LINK

1 - 15 of 15 Posts