Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would you trust a used, tested one from a reliable (based on feedback) Ebay seller? Didn't see any used ones online - suspect that they're not cheap.

Thanks,
Tom

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
do they offer some kind of warranty? like 3 months or something.
whats the miles on it? i don't think i hear of them failing often so you are probably good.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not really - it says it's guaranteed to work, but then says it's sold as is. The seller has 100% positive feedback, so I doubt that he's selling junk. It's sort of my last try (after having checked the fuses and installed a new bulb) before saying "uncle" and going to a garage.

Thanks,
Tom

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
looks like they are we tested it, it works. we grantee when you get it it will work.

i would shop around whats a new one from ford?

·
Registered
595 Posts
check out www.vvme.com. ive had there hid kits in my car for 2 years now and they're great. far as i know they sell replacement ballasts. good pricing as well.....

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Still no light

A new igniter from Ford was $248, so I went with the used one. It's installed, but still no light. Is there an easy way to test it (as well as the old one)?

At this point, is there anything else to check before I replace the ballast? Is there anything else left to test? The whole thing is getting a little frustrating, so it might be time to find a garage.

Regards and thanks,
Tom

·
BACON?
3,170 Posts
you can swap the known working ballast with the non working ballast. If the light works after swapping then you know for sure that it is a ballast issue. you could have done the same thing with the igniter before buying another. good luck

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
you can swap the known working ballast with the non working ballast. If the light works after swapping then you know for sure that it is a ballast issue. you could have done the same thing with the igniter before buying another. good luck
I know, but it's a lot harder to get to the working side than the non-working side.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts