Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi everybody. Just purchase a 2003 SVT Euro (Screaming Yellow) on Sunday. Tonight was my first opportunity to really look it over. A few issues came up but are easy fixes. Just need some help because I wanna make it as original as possible.

I need some pictures to help me out.

The front under fenders have been damaged and I am unsure if the front underbody is all there.

Does anyone have pictures of the fenders and the underbody in the front of the vehicle?
Secondly, does anyone know the best way to get a hold of new underfenders and whatever goes under the engine?

More problems are to come and I will have to replace the brakes and tires are to be put on tomorrow.

·
br/o/stang
5,563 Posts
do you mean the plastic fender liners?

·
Registered
505 Posts
First of all, I am completely jealous. Screaming yellow and competition orange are my all time favorite colours for the Focus, the former being quite rare!

Second, there is no plastic under the engine, only between the radiator and the bumper. For the wheel arch plastic, hit up a junkyard, they're easy to remove once the clips are out. 4 clips and two screws.

For the brakes, check out this website discountbrakes.com

When was the timing belt last replaced and how many miles on her?

Welcome to FF!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Been a great night.

First of all my car has 55,000 miles on it and not sure when the timing belt was replaced but was more than four years. Guy got a DUI and hadn't driven it.

Tonight I picked up new inner fenders and took your advice on the brakes and got slotted and drilled calibers with ceramic pads. Thanks deadend9009!!

Also looking into a cold air intake.

Thanks for the info.

·
Premium Member
21,250 Posts
For body advice check out First Generation Focus 2000-2007 discussions, for performance advice you would be best to ask questions in the SVT Performance Forum. Ford Focus Technical Chat is for technical discussions relating to general maintenance, electrical issues, engine trouble, and recalls. Thanks for posting!

Moved to First Generation Focus discussions.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Thanks for the advice. I will certainly make sure I do that.

What is the metal bracket located in the right side of the trunk?

Also the previous owner misplaced the owner's manual. Does the SVT have a special manual?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts