Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a cover, don't know the actual description of the item, but have pictures. My Son (16) purchase his first car, 2003 SVT Focus and this cover is broken, which obviously will leak all the transmission fluid. Ford wants to sell me a complete transmission for $3,000.00. I just need to find this cover.

I have pictures of the items.
SVTpic3.JPG

SVTpic5.JPG

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
Wow that's an odd one. I'd check Ebay or try and get in touch with Getrag as they are the one's who manufacture the transmission. And for why the dealership wants to sell you a new one, since like I mentioned it's not a Ford transmission, they won't service them. If anything at all goes wrong (aside from clutch obviously) they are required to replace them. If it comes down to it, you can find a slightly used one for around $1K, which still isn't cheap as all you need is the cover but far better than $3k. Good luck [thumb]

·
Supercharged
3,276 Posts
You can weld it or look for a used SVT/Mini Cooper S getrag transmission to find that piece.

The Getrag is a great transmission but not made for drag racing or clutch dumping. I'm not saying your son or yourself did that but giving you a heads up. Good luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts