Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It worked fine on the drive there, it worked fine demoing MFT in the parking lot for some friends. But when I finally went to leave my stereo was on AM/FM for some reason. It seems USB was not connected.

All the connections had been untouched since the last time it was working, I tried unpluggin the USB from the ipod, unplugging it from the console, plugging it into the other slot, restarting the vehicle, restarting the ipod.
Ipod shows "accessory connected" when you go to the music tab. MFT shows USB (instead of the ipod name) and when you click it a pop up reads "no devices connected"

Nothing worked, gonna leave it over night and try again in the morning. Anyone have any issues with USB connections? I don't want master resets to be a frequent thing.

·
Registered
788 Posts
I had problems when I had a finger drive connected. It would frequently loose the connection, not recognize all the songs on the drive and cause the freeze up, system maintenance and black screens. Randomly, it would read all 755 songs, sometimes only 63 songs, sometimes 175, sometimes 300... you get the idea. Since I put all the music on a second iPod, I haven't had ANY problems with my MFT. It cost $145.00 for the second device, but it's been worth it to have the system working flawlessly. I suspected, and a fellow at work much, much more computer savvy than me agreed that the problem may be that the system needs to read and categorize the music from a recognizable and formatted device such as a mp3 or iPod. A finger drive can have the music stored on it, but can't sort out the the different aspects the system is trying to access such as song order, artist, composer and album art. I may be way off on my conclusion, but I'm happy with the results so that's what really matters.

EDIT: I just realized you didn't mention it was a finger drive but an iPod that wasn't connecting to the usb. I haven't had any connection issues with my original iPod or the second, just the finger drive. Good luck figuring it out, hopefully it's something minor.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
I can offer the following MGBox:

First, currently I semi-regularly get iPod disconnected messages or it just seems to lose connection and not tell me and default to AM/FM, even though it has been sitting there connected for days. Unplugging it and plugging it back in (I only do the console, don't touch the iPod connection not that it really matters, just easier to get at the console plug) has fixed the problem every time for me at least. I also unplug it and plug it back in hot, I don't power down.

Secondly, when I first got the car and was both trying to get the iPod to work properly and moving stuff like wallpaper in on USB drives, I discovered that once you use a device in a particular USB port, only use it in that one going forward. I didn't test this scientifically but I realized that I was moving things into and out of the car regularly and just plugging them in randomly and it was really rocking MFT's little bug-riddled world. Once I started always hooking the iPod up to the same USB port as previous and the USB drive to the previous one as before, I had less issues. Point of this being, in my experience at least, plugging the iPod into the other USB port might have made the situation more complicated.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ipod was left unplugged over night, vehicle parked. And it's working fine this afternoon. Just another rather annoying hiccup.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Glad it worked out for you! Hopefully this semi-confirmed (based on the rumblings around here) update will eventually pan out and none of us will have to worry about these annoying little things. I so far haven't minded the hiccups because so far all they have been are hiccups. I haven't had some of the horror others describe on this forum.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I can't stand the hiccups, I've had more than my share of them. After 12 weeks of waiting, 4 work orders in the first month. 3 rental cars. I really just want my car to perform flawlessly when I get to take it out. Don't fell like explaining to every passenger that it's buggy as hell and that's why my phone won't connect, or BMC appears, or screen freezes, etc, etc.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
I have a Samsung T746 and never had a Bluetooth connection problem since I first sync it with MFT. In less than 10 the phone connection is up and running if MFT is on. And never had problems with connection loss or anything else.
If I use an USB device (ipod 3G) the first thing that comes up after starting the car is AM/FM then, after 2-5 seconds, the USB device is recognized and takes over the radio. It seems to be the normal behavior and one thing I know : on my PC, I want to have first my OS up and running, then play from my USB device. Not the other way arround.

P.S. Question : did you had any other problems with other USB devices on your MFT ? Or it is your iPhone the one and only device you use ? Because sometimes it is not the system the one who's faulty. The iPhone might be buggy too, especially after the iOS 5 update. In my iPod and iPad2 (3G) after iOS 5 update, I am close to do a downgrade to the version before iOS 5 because of the failures of Safari browser.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have a Blackberry Curve 2 (8530) that is quite buggy. I could believe that it was at fault and not the BT connection. It bugs out all the time.

For music I have a 4th gen Ipod touch. With the latest OS a month ago. It's the only USB device I use beside a one time thumbdrive to get wallpapers.

I'm looking to replace them both with a 64gb iphone 4s, if I can find one.

·
Registered
6 Posts
My use port in my 2012 focus Sel stopped working, I have tried all the alternative options but to no avail... It worked at first but now the display days no usb device is currently connected, I need urgent response to help fix this

·
Ford Fiend
2,976 Posts
My use port in my 2012 focus Sel stopped working, I have tried all the alternative options but to no avail... It worked at first but now the display days no usb device is currently connected, I need urgent response to help fix this
What are you attaching to USB? Have you tried other devices?

Have you tried the USB2 port? http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/...ics/259875-how-usb2-add-media-2012-focus.html

While you have the console pulled, you can also check the connections to the USB pigtail.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have removed the fuse for the sync on my 2012 ford focus and replaced it after some minutes but still the usb device is not working its says no device detected...its frustrating me now since the dealership here don't know shit

·
Ford Fiend
2,976 Posts
You might want to try another device (formatted FAT32) before blaming the port.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts