Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so my usb, phone and the vocal command on my steering wheel stop working just like that.
when i push the auxiliray button on the radio, it just say "NO AUX" even if my usb is plug in
when i push the phone button, it say "NO PHONE"
and when i use the steering button vocal, it do nothing

What is the problem?

oh yeah, by the way a week after it stopped working, the battery died, so dead that event pushing on the unlock button on the door didn't do anything, i had to call a guy to put a rod in the door frame and manually open with the knob

do you think unplugin the battery could do a reset and make it work again?

·
Registered
16,194 Posts
Try either pulling you fuse that is for sync or try disconnecting your negative battery cable for a minute and trying again. Sounds like the module is locked up

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
so my usb, phone and the vocal command on my steering wheel stop working just like that.
when i push the auxiliray button on the radio, it just say "NO AUX" even if my usb is plug in
when i push the phone button, it say "NO PHONE"
and when i use the steering button vocal, it do nothing
Hi BRUNOBEAUREGARD -

I'm with the In-Vehicle Technology Team, I'd like to help with this!

If you're able to access the phone menu, I would recommend a Master Reset. If you're not, as misfire suggests, you can try pulling the fuse.

Below are Master Reset instructions for your standard radio. I've also included instructions for MyFord Touch in case anyone else is experiencing the same concern.

Standard Radio
Note: To scroll, press SEEK or the Up/Down arrows.
1. Press the Phone Button to enter the PHONE MENU.
2. Scroll repeatedly until SYSTEM SETTINGS appears in the radio display.
3. Press OK to enter the SYSTEM SETTINGS MENU.
4. Scroll repeatedly until ADVANCED appears in the radio display. Press OK.
5. Scroll repeatedly until MASTER RESET appears in the radio display.
6. Press OK. SYNC will ask you to confirm the reset.
7. Press OK to confirm. The radio display will read ALL RESET.
SYNC will take you back to the ADVANCED SETTINGS MENU.

MyFord Touch
1. Press the MENU button on the top of the radio display.
2. Press the SETTINGS button.
3. Press the SYSTEM button.
4. Press the DOWN ARROW to pull up more options.
5. Press the MASTER RESET button.

I hope that helps! If you're still having concerns, please send me a private message with your VIN and I'll look into it further.

Jaclyn

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok
i dont have any phone for my ford, i dont use that ability
i only use the usb port to plug my key and play music and the vocal command on my steering wheel

Problem was (1st week of july)
1-listening to the radio and decide to listen my usb so i push the "AUX" button, it just flashed and came back to the radio station, same thing when pushing the phone button, just a flash
2-Pressing on the vocal command on my steering wheel did nothing

Problem is (2nd week of july)
1-listening to the radio and decide to listen my usb so i push the "AUX" button, it just write "NO AUX" and came back to the radio station, same thing when pushing the phone button, "NO PHONE"
2-Pressing on the vocal command on my steering wheel did nothing

between those weeks, my battery died, so i had to get it boost. Si it looks like charging the battery affect it a little, i try to pull out the fuse or disconnect the negative pole

·
Registered
495 Posts
ive had this problem several times before as well....i just pull the "sync" fuse for a few seconds...i believe its #13...?

·
Registered
16,194 Posts

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
JDBug182 is correct! The SYNC fuse is in location 13 for a 2009 Focus.

I'd recommend leaving it out for at least 3 minutes. Let me know how it goes!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts