Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Needing some help here...

Picked up my 2012 Titanium with MyFordTouch a few days ago, and I've only managed to get my iPod Touch (3rd gen, 32gb, iOS 4.3.3) to work exactly twice over USB.

I plug in my iPod with the USB cable.. and it just doesn't work. The ipod will start charging, the Music app says "Accessory Connected", but when I select USB Device on the MFT screen it says "No Device Detected".

I think the only times I've gotten it to work was when I plugged in the iPod while the car was off, then turned it on.. but even this doesn't always work.

Any suggestions? I really do like the MFT and it's great for AM/FM and Sirius, and Navigation works nice... but I'd really like to listen to my ipod music when I want to.

I would have hoped that simply plugging in the USB cable would make everything work, but apparently that's not the case lol..

·
Registered
788 Posts
This has happened to me at least two or three times. I have a 16g finger drive and an iPod Nano plugged into my usb ports and both devices stay in the car all the time. Suddenly it will stop playing the music and switched over to FM at a much higher volume. When I press the Tim's iPod or USB2 icons on the screen a window appears stating no device detected. The car has to be shut down, the devices unplugged and when I restart the car both devices are working again. Each time this has happened on the interstate when I didn't want to stop, a real pita. After plugging them back in the system tells me to ...pay attention to changing road conditions and SYNC will not play protected music. That announcement does not occur any other time.
For a while I thought I had the only system that wasn't screwed up. In the past couple of weeks, I've had one black screen and two system maintenance events. I'm hoping all of this will be resolved with the system update.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have had the best luck with a small "Mini SD card in a USB" adapter. I load the SD card with my music and can play my music. With this technique I can use the same Mini SD cards with either an SD adapter, or in the USB adapter. I think part of the problems are due to the loading process, into the MFT system.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I've got a 4th gen 32GB iPod touch with 4.3.3 and I've only had this happen couple of times. I changed cables at one point for another reason and now that I'm thinking about it I don't remember when I last saw the no device connected error. I don't leave my ipod in the car, it usually goes with me.

·
Registered
56 Posts
When I use the USB option, it says the USB device is not recognized...I tried the Bluetooth with my phone and my ipod...Sometimes it works sometimes it won't and just go back to the FM like you said. I'm guessing it's just glitchy and hopefully the new upgrade will fix all that..

Crossing fingers.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quick update, been out driving for most of the day today, making a bunch of stops and whatnot (gave my car a wicked coat of wax too), and the iPod on USB has been working pretty much perfectly all day. The trick seems to be to plug it in before you turn the car power on. It still doesn't make sense that you can't plug it in any time, but for now this solution seems to work for me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts