Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Desperately in need of wiring diagram for head unit (sony radio and Sat-nav)

Vehicle is a 2012 LW Focus Titanium with Exec pack Built Germany May 2012 Australian compliance July 2012.

I have searched all the forums, you tube and internet but everything I find is different, I bough a new after market head unit and now my dramas begin.

Rear of radio only has one Plug the socket next to the two antennae type plugs is empty.

The rear of the display has one plug with 12 pins (ten wires) and three antennae type plugs Please see photos

Any and all help really appreciated as I am leaving soon and need to get harness sorted.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Moved to the Car Audio Section

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
So.... are you just trying to install an aftermarket head unit? If that's the case, you really don't need a wiring diagram, but rather the proper wiring interface harness, dash kit and antenna adapter. You're looking at over $200 in parts if you buy online and more like $300 if you buy retail locally.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks

So.... are you just trying to install an aftermarket head unit? If that's the case, you really don't need a wiring diagram, but rather the proper wiring interface harness, dash kit and antenna adapter. You're looking at over $200 in parts if you buy online and more like $300 if you buy retail locally.
Yes, you are right but I need to know what the connections currently are so that I can pin them to correct output pin

Cheers
Have a great week

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
I don't have that info on hand, but just making sure you realize you're not going to be able to hardwire your new head unit in. You cannot just splice the harness that came with your new head unit into the harness behind your factory head unit and get it to function properly.

Again, not trying to get off track of what you're asking for. But figured I'd mention it before you go and do something rash.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, I will hear what you are saying and I certainly do not want to make a mess of this so will go visit car audio shops with photos etc. this week and see what they can do

Take care and SMILE

·
Dat boxer rumble
3,451 Posts
Call up crutchfield. Tell them what model headunit you have, and they will get you everything you need.

You will need:

Mounting adapters (if necessary)
Radio antenna adapter
Headunit Harness (the one that plugs into the headunit you have)
Car harness (the one that fits your car's stock plug)

You can either solder the connections (recommended), or you can use butt connectors.

You should be able to find a wiring diagram for the head-unit and your car on the internet with a simple google search. Once you have the two diagrams, just match the wires accordingly and you are on your way.

If that sounds like too much work for you, then you are probably best just taking it to a shop.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thank you re help needed

Thanks I will send them an email as I am I Western Australia.
I have searched Internet, all forums I can find and Ford Australia but none have pin configurations that match my car, seems it was half way between two models and last one built in Germany moved to Thailand one month later.
I will keep trying
Cheers

1 - 8 of 8 Posts