Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SO I JUMP INTO MY CAR TODAY AND IT TAKES ALONG TIME TO KICK OVER. THAT WAS THE FIRST THING, NEXT I PUT IT INTO REVERSE AND EVERYTHING IS OK. I DRIVE ABOUT A MILE AND ALL OF A SUDDEN THE CAR SOUNDS LIKE A FREAK'N LAWNMOWER(OR 2 CYCLINDERS). IT WAS NO PICK UP AND IS SOUNDING HORRIBLE. IT GETS TO THE POINT WERE I GET TO A STOP SIGN AND THE CAR STALLS!!!!! SO I FINALLY MAKE IT TO WORK POP THE HOOD AND NOTHING VISUAL IS WRONG.I TRY TO PUSH IN THE CONNNECTION FROM THE COIL PACK AND NOTHING HAPPENS. THEN I TURN THE KEY OFF AND UNPLUGG THE COIL PACK. AFTER A SECOND I PLUGG IT BACK IN AND START THE CAR BAMO THE CAR IS RUNNING LIKE A BEAUT AGAIN. I'M AFRIAD SOMETHING ELECTRICAL IS WRONG ANY ADVACE.

·
Registered
3,860 Posts
Check the contacts in the coil plug and make sure they are nice and clean and check all the plug wire boots to make sure they are all on snug and you might also want to check your plugs too.

·
Registered
3,860 Posts
Check the contacts in the coil plug and make sure they are nice and clean and check all the plug wire boots to make sure they are all on snug and you might also want to check your plugs too.

Also, just FYI, I remember reading post's in the past where some people had the screamin demon coil pack and live wires and had trouble with their car not running like it should on occasion. I don't know exactly why, just remember reading about that.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks just as long as its on occasion

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the cel was p0352 coil b primary circuit

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
DePue [color=blue]in another thread similar to this[/color] said:
This problem is well documented and common enough that we all should be checking this connector a couple times a year.

Ford sells a replacement wiring harness.

PN# 3U2Z14S411TNA about $25
Apparently the harness pigtail that plugs into the coil is a common failure on the zetec and svt coils. I should think it doesn't matter whether you have a screamin demon or not, since it still plugs in with the same pigtail.

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
when you look at the front of the coil pack, the wires on each end tend to work loose. Ford sells a pigtail (had the # written down, but lost it - as FORDSVTPARTS)...just splice it in and go.

I had that problem, but mine was from my #1 spark plug backing out...that was fun...

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
everthing has been perfect since then

·
Registered
1 Posts
Wanted to say thanks for the posts on this topic.......I was experiencing the same symtoms and error code P0352. Checked the wire harness on the coil pack and one of the wires was actually severed from the plug. Will go get the harness tomorrow from ford.....thanks again

1 - 11 of 11 Posts