Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Broken cars s[:)][:)][:)] :(
18,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. Ok have an issue with the trans on my SVT. If you shift the trans on the transmission it shifts into 5th and 6th. If you try and shift from the shifter it won't. Seems like it won't reach 5th and 6th even though it's all the way over as far as you can push it. I have no idea what's goin on here any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot!
-Joe

·
Stock
5,040 Posts
linkage break? Can you shift with the car off? Are you limited only to 5th and 6th?

·
Token Engin-nerd
3,414 Posts
try adjusting the shift cables, do a search on here there is a how to

·
18,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I can shift all through 1-4 and even reverse with the car on or off. On or off I cannot go into 5th or 6th unless I shift it from the transmission itself. Thanks Pete.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Chris is going to look at my car today while he is fixing the muffler on Colleen's car. I think he's going to compare them or something, I dunno. He was going to do it last night but I was hanging out with a friend from NY.

·
Token Engin-nerd
3,414 Posts
ive been inside these trannys before a few times so if you are still having troubles give me a call

my money is still on the cables or the shifter in the car.

·
18,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yah I noticed someone did the counterweight removal and broke off some of the tab that's suppose to be on there I think. I'mma look at it tonight when I got some light and let you know what I find out. Thanks a lot for the help all.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts