Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After installing a turbo, FMIC, and bigger injectors onto an '03 2.3Lt Duratec, the car will not start and strange things are occurring.

When the key is turned in the ignition it randomly causes the windshield wipers to turn on and makes a noise that can only be recreated by a raccoon in a blender.

If it is shifted out of park, the noise stops and yet the wipers continue until you flick the windshield wiper control arm on the steering column down and then it will turn off.

Putting it back in Park it makes the sound again and the car will not start.
I don't get a click from a starter.
The battery has a full charge.
Everything works that is electrical in regard to the lights.
We have pulled the battery and put it back in several times.
TL;DR Car won't start. Need help.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
everything seems grounded and all the wires appear to be fine.
After about an hour & 30 minutes of interwebs searching and engine creeping, nothing was found.
Any specific locations that might be useful to look at?
The ignition switch is Good To Go and everything lights up.

·
FF's Night Security
28,766 Posts
No not that I know of. HHmmm this is a weird problem. You did go over everything that you touched right? I only say this cause we installed some fog lights in a 08' focus and they wouldn't work drove us crazy. Come to find out that one of the plugs was wired backwards! Go over everything electrical that you touched. Surely something is a miss. Only time I ever heard of wipers doing something funny was after my friend hit a cow for the 2nd time lol. Good luck with it i hope you find out what is wrong or someone else has a better solution than I do.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Really the only thing electrical we changed was the injectors. We did unplug a connector below the fuse box, but rechecked it several times.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
After I reinstalled the batt, and checked all of my wiring for the 30th time, it started up. Now on to fix my exhaust leaks. Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, here we go again. Wont start again after sitting for about an hour. No wires were tampered with in that time period. I am guessing a loose ground, just need to find out where they are.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts