Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hit the curb a few times with my header becuz it hangs down so low. Ive read alot of post but couldnt seem to find a solution to my issue. When i hit the curb my cel came on and i replaced the bent o2 sensor with a fat bosch sensor(pos). i replaced it again with a motorcraft sensor still didnt work. i done some diagnosing an i have no power going to my front o2 but i have power going to the rear. Any idea whats going on? Im stuck.

·
Super Moderator
9,563 Posts
Moved to "General Technical Chat". Check the connector to see if it might be damaged. Also get a multi-meter and see if there is any voltage going to it.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Check fuses. I wanna say its fuse #18 (dont quote me on that) for the heated o2 sensor circuit.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cel code is po135. Fuse is good and yes it was Fuse 18

·
Registered
81 Posts
Check the large connector that the o2 sensor wires go up to. Its under the hood on the passenger side in a group of connectors near the alternator. Mine has a broken clip and would slide just enough out to throw the same code with the same symptom. I must have pulled it apart when wrestling in the new sensor. Fixed with a zip tie.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The clip you fixed is it a ZETEC motor?

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
His SVT version of the zetec has a lot of similar wiring, worth a look.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok yes I'll check that. Would you happen to have pics of this

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
the four prong green plug? seems to be fine. on my snap on diagnostic machine it says the rear o2 is getting power but front is nothing.

·
Registered
81 Posts
It was a larger black connector with more wires in it. I followed the o2 wires up beyond the four pin connector to its next junction at the larger plug.

·
Registered
658 Posts
It was a larger black connector with more wires in it. I followed the o2 wires up beyond the four pin connector to its next junction at the larger plug.
Are you talking about the main harness for the engine? That's what comes to my mind when you say large connector with a lot of wires.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
O2 sensor plug. Followed it to the big gray plug from there to the big black plug under the fuse box.

Attachments

·
Registered
81 Posts
The last one looks like the one. Unplug, clean and replug and see if your symptoms change. Might not be your issue but its quick to try and free.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have voltage going to the plug. But the computer is saying it isn't getting anything back from it.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Here's what the scanner says

Attachments

·
Registered
81 Posts
That scanner is just showing the millivolt signals from the two sensors if I am not mistaken.. They bounce between 0 and 1 volt while running. The bank 2 sensor should be pretty flat at the same voltage while bank one moves around. Guess I dont see a problem on that last screenshot?

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
yes it is in milivolts. and the rear is doing fine but the front does bounce in between 1 and 12 millivolts. check engine light still coming on.. same code po135 heater circuit fault ho2s11

·
Registered
81 Posts
You checked the heater voltage on the o2 sensor plug with a meter? All the computer does is compare the load against a fixed resistor to determine if its within range. Possible you have another bad o2 sensor. What part number of motorcraft sensor did you use? Most places tried to sell me the wrong sensors.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Fixed!! ordered a motorcraft (NTK) o2 sensor and boom now i have voltage and no CEL! and i say (NTK) because.. I ordered from Ford, it came in a motorcraft package dy1040. Ford stamp on it and also on the o2 sensor was stamped produced by NTK.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Glad you got it sorted. Ever since I fixed all my oxygen sensors, I have had to stare at the cel for a less than efficient cat code. That and the imrc open code.... someday I will get the cel to stay off on this thing! Hope yours stays good.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts