Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a brand new 2003 SVT with 3k.When Im sitting in the car I can hear an abnormal amount of lifter noise.As it gets hot it gets alittle louder.If I rev the engine slightly the noise speeds up too.it sounds like its low on oil..But its not.The idiots at Ford say thats a normal charactoristic of that engine.Well If owned a few DOHC and they never were this noisey...What do you Guys think?

·
Registered
74 Posts
I don't have an svt or anything like that but my motor does it too in the middle of warming up not right when I start it but just after the oil starts to heat up then it goes away after it's at normal opperating temp. I too took my focus in to the dealer and they gave that exact same answer.... Kinda SUCKS if ya ask me, but the sound does go away....

·
Registered
134 Posts
Take a close-up analytical listen to localize the noise. I think you might find that it is an injector. They are notoriously noisy on these engines.

·
Registered
17 Posts
i have a 2003 svt and had the same concern i work at a local dealership so i checked into it and found that ford is investigating the noise for now thier calling it normal but i`ve heard talk of maybe a recall going about mid june

·
AKA Toyotech
4,043 Posts
pull the valve cover and check out the cams and buckets

·
Registered
215 Posts
valve chatter

Yes this is normal, believe me. You hear it alot because of the headers. (thinner metal transfers more noise. Remember this is a high performance motor. The pistons will make some noise during warm up until the metal expands. Any other questions just ask.[:)]

·
AKA Toyotech
4,043 Posts
OrangeSVT said:
DO NOT PULL THE VALVE COVER
lol, why the car gonna fall apart after this?..or blow up. i say to do so because the is known problems

·
Registered
215 Posts
What exactly are the known problems you are speaking of anyhow??? Tell me something i dont know about ford FSA's, TSB's or bulletins.

·
Registered
215 Posts
GOOD IDEA: TAKE ADVISE FROM A TOYOTA TECH OVER A FORD TECH....GOOD IDEA...GO AHEAD AND PULL THE VALVE COVER FOR NO REASON, TAKE THE CHANCE OF IMPOSING AN OIL LEAK AND IN GENERAL....WASTE YOUR TIME...THANK YOU

·
Registered
215 Posts
I'm just trying to help....thats all...experience over knowledge usually works and then you get experience with knowledge works better. I'm not tryin to undermine Kickinzx3 at all...ok?

·
AKA Toyotech
4,043 Posts
never said it was a fsa tsb or bulletin, i said it was well known. but...for 03-06-07 people have had there cams replaced...

but to the point, there has been problems with clearence and causes serious noise and even shaved the cam a little...i have seen photo's and will look when i have time if need be

pulling the valve cover may not be for no reason...IF YOUR ABLE TO SEE THE PROBLEM. damn man, sorry mr almighty ford tech. i should go sit in the corner before the focus motor is totally different then everyone out there and i know nothing. damn

ps: would u stop being such a pansy and being so cocky

·
Registered
215 Posts
I'm sorry really...i just meant unless your prepared to know exactly what your looking for , you wont really find anything...thats all, i do apologize

·
Registered
215 Posts
I do apologize, you are right, if the problem is visible it is worth the while, if you know what you are looking for. and also note that tsb 03-06-07 is not on svt motors its on standard zetec motors. Mr pansy/cockey is done speaking with you and also only about 6 of my posts were in here, have a splendid day.

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Well okay then, ummmmmm just a note, but my SVTF makes the same noise and they told me it was normal.

Have a nice day all of you. lol [;)]

1 - 20 of 22 Posts