Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK..this is getting old! Replaced right front July 2014. Warranty replacement December 2014. Only 1,000 miles later replacing it March 2015. I made it clear that the shop not use the china crap from O'reilly, etc., they said the part is SVT only therefore Ford only. Is this true? Why would this be such a troublesome part?
Never in an accident, I have poly dog-bone and the Ingalls Engineering Engine Torque Damper. All other mounts have been replaced along the way with ford parts.
Up front I have: Koni adjustable's, factory SVT coil springs, Aftermarket sway bar, Michelin 225's Pilot Super Sports.
Anything that can be improved upon for longevity? Assuming it is OEM part?

Edit: I see SVT is same as regular Focus. OEM has to be better than aftermarket parts house stuff. Right?
I see Steeda makes really nice Mustang Heavy Duty Upper Strut Mounts but find no listings online for same on a Focus.

·
FF's Night Security
28,766 Posts
They are the same part as far as upper strut mounts go. I bought all KYB mounts at year ago and ended up replacing them as they were crushed and I was dropping the ball bearings out of the bearings. I went back with OEM ford parts, so far it's like a brand new car as far as impact harshness. I'm assuming the crappy roads and having KW springs on it with AGX struts aren't helping.

I also moved your thread to the Suspension chat area

·
Registered
184 Posts
What makes you so sure that they have gone bad?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts