Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Im having a problem between my upper strut bar and my clutch sensor reservoir. I cant get it to fit and Im wondering how anyone else has done it with this problem. The strut bar is supposedly a ford racing strut bar so i figured it would install easily. But no....the reservoir and the plug beside it get in the way and without relocation, I dont think I can do it. Any advice?[???:)]

·
Registered
574 Posts
IMO u dont need the upper strut bar...the struts r so close to the firewall that u dont need it but thats MO

Good luck
[thumb]

·
FF Cleaning Squad
11,959 Posts
If it does not fit, then I am assuming its not the right one.

I gotta disagree with you focusmatt, the diffrence is a LARGE one. I see what your saying but it still manages to sway.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well it really should fit because it lines up except for the interference with the sensor. I dont even know what the plugs beside it run to and the fact that its raining means I cant go out and check it better.

·
Registered
574 Posts
ok...i live next to a guy that works at a proformace shop and he say bang for ur buck a upper strut bar is a waste of money...i say put money in the motor but thats MO

·
WhiteSTguy
5,390 Posts
where did you buy it from, some one reputuable i hope? and it does make a difference, to me i've felt a big increase in front rigidity when i first ran an autocross stock then installed one and ran the next event with the strut bar.

·
Registered
574 Posts
ya if ur doing autocross it would help but driving down a city street...waste of money[clap]

·
Registered
189 Posts
Is that the kind where the bar is straight? Is it strictly for the Focus?
I have the FC strut bar and it's a so-so fit (slightly touches my intake tube). I "had" another strut bar (straight kind), and for the life of me I couldn't get that thing to fit coz of A LOT of things in the way (and the hood wouldn't close right- cf hood).

I'm sure someone in here has experienced this issue before.

Good luck man!

·
Registered
105 Posts
I'd say, if anything, see if you can return it and go get the FS one (i don't know if it's the same design or not so please, if it is i apologize) When i installed mine it was a fairly tight fit but i don't think it touches.

·
Registered
958 Posts
i was skeptical about the bars but i put on the front and i felt like my back was wanting to slide out...after installing the rear bar everything went back to normal (not feeling like it wants to slide)...pretty sure that the back was normal but the front bar was so much more solid that it made me realize how shotty the back was...after the back was on then they were both solid so it felt better overall...make sense?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts