Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that it is a simple install and replacement, but I replaced the Upper Radiator hose on my Ford Focus 2000 SE the other day. It was working fine, then I noticed that it was going through coolant alot but I thought it was just the engine over heating, but now when I go to fill the reservoir tank I notice a leak at the top of the hose, the part that connections it to the engine. How do I stop this leak, I have tried fitting it on more tightly and using the clamp but it still seems to be leaking.

·
DTC P0606
3,364 Posts
Pretty straightforward install. Make sure the hose is seated properly on the thermostat housing (the part that connects to the engine) and is the correct internal diameter. Don't over tighten the clamp. I hope you replaced the factory clamp with a better style adjustable clamp. Ensure the clamp is fairly close to the hose end/thermostat housing.
Also check that it isn't the thermostat housing itself that is leaking as it's a common problem on the Focus; the O-ring between the housing and cylinder head fails. If it is the housing/O-ring you usually get a tell tale leak of coolant running down the engine block. I suspect that may be your problem.

Edit: Sorry, just realised you may have meant the other rad hose. Is it the rad hose closest to the accessory belt or the one at the opposite end of the engine giving you the problem?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's the one seated on the top of the engine so I believe its what exactly what you were suggesting earlier. Will see if it's the thermostat housing that is the problem

1 - 3 of 3 Posts