Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am really contemplating this new upper engine mount from Turbo Tech Racing. Does anybody have any experience with it yet? Is it worth the $200?[idea]

·
Registered
952 Posts
Reading through the forums most people report the noise and vibration get pretty harsh with a bit of break in after a couple thousand miles. One person describes it as a decent mod if you are doing an occasional track day but not for daily driving. So if you're looking for more engine noise and vibration in the cabin this could be the mod for you.

Personally I want the mount like crazy bad. But the exchange rate is ruining my plans to purchase it (80cents CAD to 1 USD :( )

Lots of discussion from owners in this thread: http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=319977&highlight=turbotech

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the link! I'll look at it some more.

·
Registered
609 Posts
I want it to but not sure if it's too much with my Steeda RMM. Maybe ideally get the TTR upper and then the e focus rear.

·
Registered
952 Posts
I want it to but not sure if it's too much with my Steeda RMM. Maybe ideally get the TTR upper and then the e focus rear.
This is what I have and it is epic. EPIC. If you like your steering wheel to tremble in your hands and the ability to hear/feel the engine doing it's thing while blaring tunes the TTR is bad-ass.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Sweet appreciate the straight up info

·
Registered
527 Posts
would the FSwerks insert be too weak to handle the TRR upper? or provide a nice balance of performance vs not crazy vibes?

·
Registered
68 Posts
This combined with the FsWerks Race RMM would be something fierce. I would love that.

·
Torretto!
3,878 Posts
This is what I have and it is epic. EPIC. If you like your steering wheel to tremble in your hands and the ability to hear/feel the engine doing it's thing while blaring tunes the TTR is bad-ass.
Lol.... when you press the gas, can you hear the actual chassis vibrate as a single unit...Ive noticed this with upgrading all the mounts before, its a pretty intimidating sound if you are not used to it.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks for the awesome info guys! Definitely putting RMM and TTR on my list of upgrades[wrenchin]

·
Registered
609 Posts
Was looking at this at work one day. The new fusion 2.0 NA uses a better looking mount. Wonder if anyone has one of these cars to compare and see if it will work ---

·
Registered
609 Posts
On the right is the stock focus mount and on the left is the Fusion. Just to clarify.

I love the TTR upper but I know it's not for everyone and there really should be some middle ground. May order one in and have a look and eyeball it and report back if anyone's interested.

·
Registered
843 Posts
We have looked at the fusion, as fusion members have asked us to produce a mount for them. It is a complete different bolt spacing, and the offset on the base, is stepped, where as the focus is a tapper/slope. Also the fusion is a 3 bolt base, 3 bolt upper engine connect; where the focus is 2 on base and 2 on upper engine connect.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts