Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My interior is f[:(!] ck[:(!] d. I was stupid and let people smoke in my car, but have managed to get 3 burn holes in my upholstery. I have 1 on my driver seat, and two in my back seat. It seems I have really bad luck with people smoking in my car, and wont allow it in the future.

Now that I'm finished complaining, I was wondering if anyone could give me some info about having the upholstery replaced. I tried some seat covers from ebay (seller ID: weewillywonka) but those did not really fit well (plus that just got burned too), so I was thinking of getting some upholstry from Ford, or maybe a really professional company. I may also want to redo the whole car in leather.

So,

Can my local for dealership replace my upholstry? individual pieces? How much would it cost? How much would leather cost? Are there any other companies that make quality upholstry? Is it hard to replace the fabric (compared to putting covers over it?

I know thats a lot of questions. Thanks in advance for any info anyone may have.

·
I don't care
8,446 Posts
If your goal is to simply repair the burn holes then get things cleaned up good, you may want to check with a good used car lot that's local to you. They most likely have a company that does interior repair/restoration that they could refer you to. We used a guy who is amazing..leather tears, burn holes in seats, carpets, door panels etc. He can redye carpet and leather, also. Probably the least expensive way out for you.

If you want to get leather installed, there are a couple of companies that sell "kits"...Katzkin and Classic Soft Trim...you can also check with aftermarket automotive product shops; places that do tint, moonroofs, remote starts etc..they often are authorized installers for the leather and can provide both the kit and installation for you, with a warranty. I know a complete leather kit installed, including door panel inserts costs us (dealer) $929. I've seen the kits advertised for self-installation for around $850 with shipping...I'd gladly pay the extra $$ to have it professionally done, rather than try and muck thru it myself.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thats cool quicksilver but its for a ZX3. We've got sedans.

Those seats from katzkin look awsome and the prices were the lowest yet. I just wish I had more money for that. Could be a long term possibility.

Anyways,

What about regular fabric options (Original pieces or custom)? Those would probably be cheaper, right?

·
I don't care
8,446 Posts
One option you may have is to check around with those same shops that do leather installs. When they do an install, the entire fabric/padding from the seat is removed. They don't just place the leather over it. Who knows, they might have some Foci fabric laying around, or have access to some. Just a shot, but it can't hurt to check around.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
also check you local ulpolstry shop I have a few local that will redo seats in what ever fabric you wish I am going to get mine done in leather colored blue and grey and it was cheeper than the steeda kits

·
Registered
28 Posts
katzkin is prolly your best bet man real leather is expensive I'm doin a bunch of leather work in a s2000 right now and its not too cheap

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Heh, I went to a place that installs the Katzkin kits and and realized that it wouldnt be a good investment for me--I could buy a lot more stuff for $1000-$1200. But they did tell me that they could order the original fabric pieces (the inserts) and replace those. I'll probably do that.

Thanks for the help guys.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.