Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone just put a head unit in an 05-07 with the audiophile sound system? If so was it worth it to buy a new HU or should I just stick to the stock head unit. I miss my two 12s that I had in my Jeep (sold them because I wanted a useful trunk again) and I just need my music to be louder. I went and blew money on a P.I.E. so i can have my iPod to the stock head unit and I didn't really want to change out the stock unit but I'm quite over not being able to have more volume.

Any help I would appreciate!

Thanks,
Chris

·
Registered
14,399 Posts
I changed out mine and it was so worth it [hihi] sounds so much better. I haven't put my subs in yet but even without them it sounds good [thumb] Also my head unit is a Kenwood, which in my opinion is a damn good head unit to have.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mine has that stock little 8 inch in the trunk which is what is staying there. I quite like having a trunk instead of no trunk and no backseat! Anywho, time to start saving =D I would love to go double din with a touch screen but then I'm worried about some lowlife where I live feeling the need to help themselves to it. :(

Thank you for your input. Just made my decision so much easier.

·
Registered
14,399 Posts
I wanted double din as well but i went with single. maybe ill upgrade later :)

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I need more places to stash stuff so the tray that fills the space will be nice. I know it certainly was in my Geo Tracker. Plus after I though about it, I dont see a point in a double din. It cost more and the sound isnt going to get any better. Sure you can play DVDs but who sits in their car and watches DVDs? I sure dont plan on it.

·
Registered
14,399 Posts
^^this...yep your right doesn't matter just looks cool lol

·
Hatch Nation #136
2,043 Posts
I need more places to stash stuff so the tray that fills the space will be nice. I know it certainly was in my Geo Tracker. Plus after I though about it, I dont see a point in a double din. It cost more and the sound isnt going to get any better. Sure you can play DVDs but who sits in their car and watches DVDs? I sure dont plan on it.
Well, my daughter certainly appreciates it. We just did a ten hour drive with no whining or complaining. So that's worth its weight in gold.

Also, it looks bitchin.

·
Hatch Nation #136
2,043 Posts
Yeah, man. She's four.

And went on a ten hour trip without driving me insane.

$500 is such a low price to pay for that.

Seriously, though, if you're going to end up spending $300 on a good single DIN that you get tired of in two years and buy another, why not just get that in dash DVD for the cool factor?

I've found that instead of listening to just a CD, I'll throw on a concert DVD and it is that much better.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
My nephew is 8 and has asbergers so as for a car ride longer than an hour it can be bad. I dont take him anywhere but definitely here from my parents how he can be. I pretty much pick a head unit and stick with it. Had a sony in the Jeep for 2 years and it didnt bother me.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Yes upgrade your head unit it will put out more watts to all of the speakers which will make them louder and sound cleaer and the upgrade headunit will have reproduce sound better and Have auxilary our ipod hookups.

As far as not wanting to waiste trunk space you could replace the stock 8inch subwoofer with an aftermarket one. Remove the stock amp put a new one in and have some bump.
Or if you want to go with a 12 you should check out subthump.com they make boxes that go where the stock factory box goes but they will hold bigger subwoofers.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well just dropped money for a headunit at crutchfield yesterday. I think I'm going to forget any exterior appearance mods and just go with making a darn good sound system.

·
Registered
14,399 Posts
Haven't set up the blue tooth yet. But its a great hu :)

·
Registered
14,399 Posts
Well just dropped money for a headunit at crutchfield yesterday. I think I'm going to forget any exterior appearance mods and just go with making a darn good sound system.
What u get ?

1 - 20 of 65 Posts