Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i have a simple question, my 2013 focus came with 17" alloy rims, i wanted to know if i were to get the oem 18" that are found on some of the titanium and even ST model rims would it be a simple swap ? Just want to know would i have clearance issues and as well would it affect my speedometer readings going up 1" from 17" to 18" basically anyone who has experience between 2 tires with 1" difference what advantages and disadvantages have you noticed ? thanks ! :)

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
I'd do the ST combo. Yea it is 1'' but you cut that in half, for the height.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So st 18" with 5 bolt pattern rims would fit fine on a se model ? Wouldn't that also drop me down 1" to the ground?

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
So st 18" with 5 bolt pattern rims would fit fine on a se model ? Wouldn't that also drop me down 1" to the ground?
It'd drop you .05'', yea the diameter is a inch bigger. Same does for tires too. Look at a 24'' diameter tire vs a 25'' one. It'll only have a .05'' difference in height.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
More wheels out there, just posted that "stickie" for the basic info. on wheel/tire sizes.

Use the normal size tire for your car & wheel size & there aren't any worries about changes in gearing/height etc..

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
cool, i just had a question , rim width for instance, say my stock rim is 7", and i get a rim that is 7.5" does that mean that i would have to upgrade my tire if its the same size say 17 for example? thanks.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Same size tire to maintain the same overall diameter.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts