Focus Fanatics Forum banner

41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
So which one would you guys consider the best system in terms of build, materials and longevity? Are any of these true stainless steel systems? Not as concerned about most power increase.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Most people go for fswerks, but magnaflow (expensive) and trubendz have stainless options. I saw someone once said trubendz has the fewest bends, but their welding steel is mild so may rust at the joints.

·
Registered
473 Posts
I'm still debating if I want to go Race or Stealth. The race sounds pretty mean on the SVT. I don't do much highway but I'm concerned about how it sounds at 3k rpm cruising along the Highway.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Here is my 2 cents on this. Not saying this is the only way to go but I dont think many people would argue with my list of parts. Power wise I have everything almost Fswerks that money can buy. CAI, tune, header, flex pipe and race exhaust. And its loud, too loud. I'm getting the stealth exhaust here real soon. With my header it will probably still be quite loud.

Suspension I'm on ksport coilovers and I have the FSwerks upper front stress bar. Its debatable whether or not it does anything other than look cool but I'll tell you that it stiffened the car up for sure. Different motor mounts is something I havent really thought about but perhaps I should.

I could go on, I really could. but I would suggest all of those parts as many would and have.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Also of note after reading that spark plug write up I am running denso iridium plugs. he didnt have anything bad to say about those but then again he didnt touch base on that very much. So who knows, I like them, seem to be doing good.

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Also of note after reading that spark plug write up I am running denso iridium plugs. he didnt have anything bad to say about those but then again he didnt touch base on that very much. So who knows, I like them, seem to be doing good.
I'm running Autolite AR103s. Seem to be doing good as well. [twothumbs]

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
I'm still debating if I want to go Race or Stealth. The race sounds pretty mean on the SVT. I don't do much highway but I'm concerned about how it sounds at 3k rpm cruising along the Highway.
If you plan on going with a header in the future definitely go with the stealth exhaust.

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Lol yes and I learned my lesson. I could have bought two brand new fswerks stealth exhaust for what I spent trying to find the perfect combo for a deep tone that met my expectations especially when I had the header.
So would you say I should just order the stealth exhaust then? Lol. I have a feeling though that even stealth would be too loud with the header. Thoughts? [dunno]

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Alrighty, yeah I'll do that then. It's actually about the same price as the exhaust I had in my cart when all's said and done anyway.

41 - 56 of 56 Posts