Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay so I want to upgrade my exhaust with my next paycheck if I have enough. My questions are: what do I need to get besides the exhaust? Flex pipe? Tips? I want to get a 2.5" trubendz with borla muffler from Trubendz.com. Aluminized steel or stainless, which wont rust? Thanks for any advice

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
U want the Stainless Steal and you will also want to get the matching size flex pipe also in stainless.

Reactions: Noob4Life

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
true, but you are still bottlenecking ur exhuast, so you won't see the full gains of the exhuast till ur flex is changed as well.

·
Premium Member
3,617 Posts
Have you thought about header and ORP?

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
i just installed the trubendz borla 2.5" on my ride. it really sounds good! its got a low pitch to it, not ricey at all. this is what i did:

first, i put the cat-back on. i didnt put the flexpipe on yet b/c i ordered the svt header and in my case i went with the svt flex b/c i found a good deal on a svt cat. so, i had to wait to put the flex on b/c it wouldnt fit with my stock header/cat.

if you do put a flex on with your catback, i would make sure that it will bolt up to the header/cat you plan to get. you dont want to have to buy another flexpipe so you can put your header on.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for all the help guys! So I could get the exhaust and install it then get the flexpipe at a later time? I would get the flex with it but the xmas money that i was suppose to get from my rents got put on hold due to credit card theft [scream]. Would it affect the sound a lot?

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
ya, you can do it after you upgrade the exhaust, its no problem, you may get a deeper sound w/ the flex, but it won't make too much of a difference.

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
you'll be fine..... i drove around with just the borla on for almost half a year, it was fine... but when u do decide to upgrade the flex.... and header, you'll feel the different then.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts