Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im tryin to get a new cluth and a light weight flywheel for my 03 svt but i dont know which one to get i know there is different brands & types of clutch/flywheels i was thinkin of gettin a stage 4 clutch but i dont know yet, also i was reading a thread about installin a new clutch n they were talkin about "unsprung or sprung clutch " what does it make a difference?here is the thread so u can check it out: http://focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=86167&highlight=clutch about the flywheel which one should i get?

any suggestion will be appreciated

·
Registered
274 Posts
At the top of the SVT Performance Chat section there is a thread about clutch anf flywheel reviews. There aren't that many options out there for you, but that thread may help narrow it down.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
read my sig fidanza and clutch masters

·
Registered
284 Posts
stg 4 is totaly unecessary unless you planning making big power with a blower or turbo in the near future. Stg 1 spec or clutchmasters is more then enough for most application, especially if youre staying NA. it is still stronger then an OEM clutch (which isnt bad in itself..,theyre stronger then youd think).

i ran OEM clutch kits in my corrado for years, and it was handling 190whp/180w tq without breaking a sweat including tons of drag strip runs.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
the svt clutch can't even handle a jrsc w/o bbk and i've got a turbo on the way. if you were wondering why stage 4

·
Registered
284 Posts
oh yea no question...if i was going turbo id throw in a stg 3 or 4 as well. the OEM clutch is in no way suited for forced induction

·
Registered
150 Posts
i have a fidanza flywheel and just ordered the Spec stage 2 clutch today. supposed to handle 340 ft. lbs of torque which should be good enough for a supercharger

1 - 8 of 8 Posts