Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!! I have a 2005 ZX4 2.0L automatic focus, I have had this bad boy since 05 bought brand new and paid off myself. I have another car now and now I want to make the Focus badass. Any suggestions on where and what to upgrade? I already have a K&N cold air intake and an exhaust on it.

·
Registered
130 Posts
MTX75 swap, header, and tune!

·
Registered
20 Posts
intake and exhaust headers are great bolt on's and will show you more than reasonable gains with a tune the only thing is there is not a whole lot of choice.

On the exhaust side:

Fswerks 4-2-1 exhaust header
Obx exhaust header
Weapon R stainless steel race header
Maximizer exhuast header

On the intake side:

Cosworth intake manifold
Weapon R intake manifold

Now there are many others out their including mazda parts that may fit but u will need to slightly modify them.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Tune , TB , header , 180 deg thermostat , AR103 plugs , cams , I have a stock bottom end 2.3 makin 180 to the wheels

Tom
Tom, What cams are those?^^^^^

·
FF Affiliate
31,100 Posts
STG1 actually , would have to look up which ones

I would stick with the ATX and with a tune change the shift points and shift psi among other things

Tom

·
So mote be it
8,950 Posts
Weapon R stainless steel race header
Maximizer exhuast header
Has anyone used Weapon r on a duractec? Cant say i have seen anyone with that one. Also, I have no heard of the Maximizer brand, is that new?
On the intake side:

Cosworth intake manifold
Weapon R intake manifold
There is also the knock of version of the Cosworth. The Weapon R (iirc) only works on fly by wire, aka only 2008-2011 focus.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have yet to see anyone post images on the forums, the use of the weapon r exhaust header but when browsing around and noticed people complaining the had to drill a hole for the second o2 sensor so i assume people are purchasing them.

hhhmmm didn't know that its only fly by wire for weapon r that's my bad. That's odd that they list an 04-07 than.

The Maximizer im not too sure on how new it is or if its ancient but here is the link:

http://www.shop.tuningdepot.com/Maximizer-Header-05-06-07-Focus-20L-23L-Duratec-AAA10MH.htm

·
So mote be it
8,950 Posts
I have yet to see anyone post images on the forums, the use of the weapon r exhaust header but when browsing around and noticed people complaining the had to drill a hole for the second o2 sensor so i assume people are purchasing them.

hhhmmm didn't know that its only fly by wire for weapon r that's my bad. That's odd that they list an 04-07 than.
The FSWerks header only has one bung too, which is all you really need, assuming you have a tune. Although a second bung is good for a wide band if you want to add that.

If you search the site for the weapon r intake mani, there are a few threads about it. It's listed as 04-07 mostly because they are probably lazy, think it was designed off the mazda version of our motor's that are fbw
http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=297408

The Maximizer im not too sure on how new it is or if its ancient but here is the link:

http://www.shop.tuningdepot.com/Maximizer-Header-05-06-07-Focus-20L-23L-Duratec-AAA10MH.htm
Ah, reminds me a lot of the OBX header that they sell at amazon and ebay. The main downside to them is they should be wrapped or ceramic coated to keep engine bay temps down but then that takes away from their lower price some

·
Registered
20 Posts
lol my internet gave out as i was posting this.

wow lazy ass company much. well no matter im not the bummed though it would be a good deal and look pretty good.

It reminds me of the obx header too and that's why i was hesitant to list it due to never hearing of it and possible lack of quality.

Btw i apologize if i have a very "legal" mindset i live in Canada and on top of that the town i live in is very strict about everything auto.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Okay so, I just put on performance struts from Fswerks and a stress bar that I got from my wife awhile ago, just had to much going on. It's been a few days now with its a way better drive. So today I bought an the fwerks ecu tuner and flasher and the pro racing kit for the pc, I'm looking at getting next in a manifold and want to know if a exhaust and intake is better or both and which one should be bought first

·
Registered
20 Posts
Well seeing as you have the tuner i would say go for the exhaust first but do get both in the end. Getting the intake means u have alot more air comming in and at a faster rate but air is still leaving at the same speed. If you get the exhaust header than u will have air leaving at a faster rate allowing for more air to be taken in.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Get the fwerks header & stage 1 cams. Also add a Steeda sri.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Where can you get the 180 degree t-stat? I've seen them for sale on a European site before

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Where can you get the 180 degree t-stat? I've seen them for sale on a European site before
Why do you need that for? You have a alloy motor.

·
So mote be it
8,950 Posts
Why do you need that for? You have a alloy motor.
Tune , TB , header , 180 deg thermostat , AR103 plugs , cams , I have a stock bottom end 2.3 makin 180 to the wheels

Tom
Maybe Tom can tell us what the benefits of switching to a 180deg thermostat are. I am not entirely sure the pro's of a different thermometer

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Let the coolant flow at a lower temp vs a higher oem temp. A good synthetic oil will help also w/ cooling. Also the difference in a iron or alloy block.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts