Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone done this before? my stock seats in my Focus are terribly uncomfortable and give me back pain. Volvo's have been known to have some of the best seats.

Should I get seats from a Smaller Volvo like the S/V40? thinking of some that have heaters so I can still have heated seats

thanks in advance

·
Registered
620 Posts
You could bypass the SRS for the Volvo seats but then you would still have to come up with a way of mounting them. I think the easier route would be just to get your seat rebuilt so it conforms more to you. It could be that the seats are just getting tired and the foam is breaking down.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
car hardly has 75k miles and I weigh in at 150lbs (GF is a little heavier at 170).

We've only had this car for 1 year and already I really want to sell it from the problems it's had (mostly electrical tho)
Should have learnt from my last mistake with the 03 we had

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
I'll try this in MkI interior Mods section, most info. on seat swaps should be found here.

Volvo has always had nice seats, I even used a set in a '53 Willys Wagon years ago.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I wanna swap the Recaro's from my VW in. They have been hugging my ass for 10+ years.
[driving]
Was seat airbags an option for 07? I don't see the little tag sewn into the side and when visiting junkyards haven't I seen a deployed one. [???:)]

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think they are referring to the dash passenger bag that has the seat sensor in it to switch on the airbag or not based on the weight sensor in the passenger seat

·
FF's Night Security
28,766 Posts
Wouldn't the floor pans be same between the smaller Volvo that is based off of the focus? Or would they fit the Mk3's since they are closer to the second gen euro focus that the volvo is more likely based off of?

Just a thought I had since Volvo, Mazda, and Ford all share the same platform so some part can inter change but I think that it would be more for the Mk3 folks than the older gens.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
that's kinda what I was thinking too. The S40 seems like the closest cousin to the Focus (at one time, Ford owned both companies and used parts interchangeably) similar to how the Five Hundred had the same setup as the similar model year S80

·
Registered
177 Posts
There is an air bag that bolts onto the drivers seat frame near the top on the outside. My original seat was replaced by a junk yard part after Ford refused to replace the broken steel seat frame while the car was under warranty. The frame broke right next to several welds. If you go junk yard match the number of wires in the plug under the seat to yours.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts