Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! I'm new to the forum. I got a 2016 ST last June, driven it everyday since. I want to start upgrading the car, starting with a intercool/downpipe/filter and tune. Any suggestions to some good parts would help a lot.

Looking forward to being a part of the Focus community!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hey guys! I'm new to the forum. I got a 2016 ST last June, driven it everyday since. I want to start upgrading the car, starting with a intercool/downpipe/filter and tune. Any suggestions to some good parts would help a lot.

Looking forward to being a part of the Focus community!
To my knowledge, cobb has a great access port and tunes you can buy. If you want an exhaust, go with fswerks or cobb. fswerks will be cheaper, but not by much. For intercoolers I recommend mishimoto, and mountune makes a great air filter from what ive heard.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,453 Posts
cjponyparts has some great vids....I'd add a diff as that makes a big difference.....

·
w/ my magic bag
29,453 Posts
What diff's are you thinking of? I looked at CJ and couldnt find anything on there
Yea they don't offer any, but offers other parts, i/c, d/p, sts, suspension kits such as the K/W & ST coilovers...Diff's= Quaife....add a pair of carrier bearings & a speed sensor as well as the trans fluid...

·
So mote be it
8,905 Posts
If you want the most bang for your buck then look at Depo Racing's for their 3.5" intercooler and downpipe. Pretty much all dp that are 3" are going to do exactly the same thing, only real difference will be if you are looking for a catted one. https://www.deporacing.us/

If you want an exhaust, just know that a catless dp and 3" will be loud and probably drone (2.5" will be quieter.) Stock exhaust is fine for most until you go big turbo.

Get a green filter (dont really need a full intake) then get a tune from where ever. Best results will be with a custom tune and i would suggest any of the popular ones that tune with Cobb's AP3 (stratified/jst are the two most popular.) If you have E85 near you, get an e30 tune, they are worth it.

Otherwise, I'd suggest looking at shifting mods (short shifter/solid bushings) and stiffer mounts (at the least do the lower/dog bone.)

Ive gone pretty far down the rabit hole: Mod list here

1 - 6 of 6 Posts