Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, most of you must have a way for slipping everything past the wife, please tell me you explanations. I have some GREAT ones, and they work, but I need more (We all do)[V]

·
Sückn' n Blown
7,747 Posts
Wifey? Whats that?

My GF doesn't care as long as she still gets some nice gifts now and then.

·
Registered
446 Posts
i took a part-time job for my wifes boss, thereby helping my wife and her boss, the wife said any money i got out of the job was mine.

·
Registered
847 Posts
I think I can relate to you my friend.

There is no slipping it past my wife. We have a budget and I can work overtime for my fun money, or I can justify it in other ways. Our money situation is a little different. After several arguments about who pays the bills when I was going to school, when I finally got a job I just said screw it..... I will pay the bills with my income and she can pay for food and fun. So I have a bit more pull when it comes to finances since I have designated myself as the provider (our bills are not cheap).

I feel your pain, the exhaust was an actual argument in our house, but we ended up just putting it on her credit card, and I would pay it off in 3 months using some of my extra money after bills.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That is exactly what I'm talking about, right down to the radar detector and ocasional beer money.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Just tell her,"Listen here woman, I'M the man! Men need fast cars like women need to bake brownies. It's primordial instinct."
Then duck when the pan comes at you.

·
Registered
990 Posts
wife

its sort of hard to hide the cage, nos. etc on the foci, but shes used to it.

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
The GF knows I am poor and passionate for my car so she knows i save my money for mods very slowly and she respects that and does not say well u have money for parts blah blah blah........ Just like i don't bitch when she spends 70 bucks on a baseball hat..... its a trade off i suppose. She pays for a lot but then again i am poor. I guess I am a lucky guy

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
Hey, I'm a girl and me and my boyfriend mod my car TOGETHER. But only when we have the money.

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
PitchBlackPZEV said:
OK, most of you must have a way for slipping everything past the wife, please tell me you explanations. I have some GREAT ones, and they work, but I need more (We all do)[V]
If you need to replace a part or want to upgrade, just look on the net for the stock part price.

For example, when she sees that a stock ford catalytic converter is $ 500+ she will be buying you the random technology cat!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hey hey...just want to say watsup to all the focus heads in here.. just got my 04' 2.3L PZEV Zx3.. i agree with everyone with the balance of bills and mods..its a bitch if ur not rich cuz most go to bills. All i got so far is Angel Eye headlights for my car and FocusSport 2.3 Duratec Intake...meaning wont be using any money for the car for a while because bills take over.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts