Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok three things

1. Is the Jackson Racing Supercharger worth the $$?? Does it you give you much more power or is it overpriced for the performance

2. Does anyone know when Diablo Sportchips is supposed to come out with the SVT Focus chip i really wanna buy one

3. What would yall recomend for some easy hp increases

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ORP only adds like 7 hp though

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
1.IMO the jrsc for the svt is well worth the money it adds 50whp I believe.

2.dont know

3.ORP & exhaust.

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Intake adds a few hp if im correct i think it adds anywhere from 10-15 am i correct?

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hmmm kk I just want some more horsepower im looking for cheap efficant horsepower

·
Registered
237 Posts
Look at my AEM CAI Thread. The CAI gains were 5.0 hp and 4.9 lb-ft. But if you looked at the dyno chart, there were major torque gains all over the place.

Ever hear of "area under the curve?" I think the CAI would be worth it because it adds torque everywhere and a little hp throughout the range with 5.0hp on top. It may seem like 5.0hp is a small gain and not worth the $250-300, but if you look at the curves...

Checkout www.2kracing.com since they post dyno charts. The AEM Short Ram is a waste of money IMHO, at least when comparing the chart with the CAI.

The JRSC does look like fun though. Does anyone on here have one?

·
Registered
5,679 Posts
i know a guy with using a jrsc with an after maket pulley...
he is having fuel managment problems...but soon will start using either a mico tech or a UniChip...

right now he is doing 240 bhp...
he is expecting to be in the 300 whp once the fuel managment problems are solved...
will see...

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the guy who totalled his car had a JRSC hes not even bothering to taker it off ethier
the Vortech is mean though brings you from 170hp to 276hp and 150 torque to 204 torque
that will give you not the best torque but 50 more torque and 100 more horsepower someone in one of the threads told me about it

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hey dont go assuming stuff. I was happy with the S/C Not quite enough power for me tho atleast not strait line speed( LOL ) enough for curves atleast helped me total my car. Not to be doggin anyones style or anything but the focus In general never had enough power for me. I seriously wouldnt go with Vortech either cause it might ad that much hp but not on 8, on 12 from what I read the hp was 270 at 7200 rpm and the torque was at 194 ft/pd but that was at 6300 rpm. I was saving for the pectel t2 and an 8 pound pulley for the jrsc, from what I read it was like 280 hp at 7200 rpm and 230 torque at 4500 rpm.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts