Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I'm officially a Focus owner now, and will pick the car up this morning after it's shined and fueled. I was formerly a proud member of the FiestaFaction Forum, driving a 2011 Blue Flame Fiesta SE (named Consuela) with Sync, ambient lighting, and the sport appearance package.

Last night I made a deal I couldn't refuse with my dealer to get my Fiesta paid off and then some, plus a huge discount on a 2014 Focus Titanium, Sterling Gray (LOVE the color...wanted it on the Fiesta but wasn't offered), with the Titanium Handling Package. Add in about half the interest rate I was paying on the Fiesta, and it was SOLD! A fabulous upgrade, considering I purchased the Fiesta before I was even working a full-time job with benefits. I guess I'm a big girl now :)

I'm not huge on performance modifications. I prefer comfort and economy, as I do a LOT of driving if I can help it. On the Fiesta I had it debadged (tried sticking the Fiesta emblem on my dashboard...looked awesome but didn't stay), replaced the antenna with a blue shorty, and had the windows tinted with a few geeky stickers on the back (Starfleet Academy decal and Ravenclaw decal among them). I look forward to getting the windows tinted on the Focus, adding window deflectors and possibly a hood deflector (I'd really like to put a bra on it, but just doing some quick research didn't see the option on Ford's accessories page).

·
Registered
822 Posts
You come over from Fiestafaction? I was/am a member still from when I had my 2011 Fiesta.

Welcome to Focus Fanatics

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! Yup, I suppose I'm still lurking over there since I just gave up Consuela (technically later this morning when they call me). I've even met a couple of folks over there. Mach1 and Flaco for a Southeast meet in Georgia. Meeting Audrey and Telero may happen some day, too. I have a ton of friends in the Portland area.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here it is! First thing I did when I drove it off the lot was take it to a tint shop lol also went to Sears to see about some all season tires...holy expensive batman! That's what I get for performance wheels! But they'll get put on on Monday when they come in. Found a really great looking magnetic "bra" (looks more like an extended hood deflector) for just $50. Guaranteed not to harm the hood's paint, theft proof, great looking...might ask my grandma to get it for my birthday at the end of the month :)

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Ravenclaw is a good reference, don't think a Slytherin would fit in.

Read any Heinlein or Spider Robinson?

An Irish Coffee at Callahan's would be a treat.

Welcome to FF!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, I am a Ravenclaw. But I'm afraid I've not read Heinlein or Spider Robinson.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Welcome to FF. Just curios, did you have a look at the Fiesta ST?

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Need a challenge question instead of a password for proper keyless entry then...

(grin)

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Felix, didn't even give it a glance. Although this Titanium (the only one on the lot at my dealer...and the only one in the area in Sterling Gray, which is what I REALLY wanted) came with the handling package, I'm a lot more interested in comfort and economy than performance.

Sailor, yes ;) Although I'd hate having to shout the answer from my bedroom at 6 in the morning on a cold day to get it to warm up :p

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Seems like the dealer had what you wanted= awesome.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I seriously need to think of a good name for this car. I originally thought Titus, but that's just not working. My Fiesta's name was Consuela. Pretty hard to beat lol

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
I seriously need to think of a good name for this car. I originally thought Titus, but that's just not working. My Fiesta's name was Consuela. Pretty hard to beat lol
Natasha. From the Bullwinkle, Rocky show. Boris & Natasha.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm actually thinking of Willemina or Willow for short. From Buffy ;)

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
OH!!! Helena! The Gray Lady: Helena Ravenclaw!!!

Edit: On second thought, I really don't like the name Helena lol I think Willow it is :)

·
Registered
155 Posts
Slipnfallbutter said:
My Fiesta's name was Consuela. Pretty hard to beat lol
We need more lemon pledge...[hihi]

Welcome, looks great!

·
Ph00ked bey0nd belef
6,279 Posts
[welcome] Welcome to Focus and Fantaix! [welcome]

I'm sure you will love the upgrade!! Looks like a bitchin new ride!!

Oh and nice shades!! [;)]

1 - 19 of 19 Posts