Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What would be a nice shock/damper upgrade on the svt with out being to harsh ,I like the ride how it is now but feel its time for new ones , always been a fan of Biltsiens , but iam sure you guys have tried them all
KYB, FRRP, BILTSTIENS, SACHS, & KONI , Too many choices , oh keeping std ride hieght for now thanks

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
What would be a nice shock/damper upgrade on the svt with out being to harsh ,I like the ride how it is now but feel its time for new ones , always been a fan of Biltsiens , but iam sure you guys have tried them all
KYB, FRRP, BILTSTIENS, SACHS, & KONI , Too many choices , oh keeping std ride hieght for now thanks
The best ones w/o being to harsh is going to be the frpp's. All the others are going to be harsher compared to the oem ones. If you like the performance of those, I'd stick w/ those.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had bilstiens on my dakota rode real nice for a truck , but I will check what frpp has to offer also , the thing wih with lowering the car is I haven't seen anything that is just slightly more than the svt ,say like 1/2" max and maintain same stiffness , seems like stock svt or so low that tires rub or it scrapes on humps

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
I'll move this to Brakes, Suspension & Chassis to hopefully get a few more opinions.

Koni's have always been a favored damper for the track when the budget permits on these.

If you DO decide to lower a bit in the future they'd work, remember when looking at springs that you're starting a half inch (more once aged) lower than their reference point of "stock" springs for other models. 1.5" drop springs might lower you .75" from current or less.

I'm on SVT setup now myself, and it's perfect for my purposes, so I can understand not wanting to change height/stiffness.

·
Registered
14 Posts
If you want a bit softer you can always go with the Koni Yellows and adjust them a bit softer. They're still an ultra good quality strut/shock.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts