Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
04 LX 2.0

Can I just plug an play a dash with a Tach in it. Im sure it's a common question. I am bad at searching.

·
Freeskiing Fanatic!
5,455 Posts
nope, same exact thing.

·
Registered
909 Posts
I think clusters from 2000-2004 will NOT interchange with clusters from 2005-2007. I guess it has something to do with the fact that 05+ models all have duratecs, whereas pre-05 models had Zetecs, SPI's, and a few Dtecs. I remember the wiring connector in the back of the cluster are different sizes between Dtec and all other models.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
did they have tachs in 00-04 models? I see em on ebay but they are junk yards and post stuff in large supply......dont care if they get a few numbers wrong.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Yeah they have tachs for 00-04's. You can even get a nice white face SVT cluster (if you can find one)

·
Registered
570 Posts
show me the ebay links please cus i only find like on when i look

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts
just the stock whatever there is....... if you've ever tried the test mode thing on the odo, it gives the rpm readout..... so it just sends it to the tach.....

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts

·
Registered
909 Posts
It'll work. I tested an SVT tach cluster on my non-tach Focus and it works just fine. Problem is finding an odometer with the mileage close to your current mileage....the mileage is stored in the cluster itself...not in the cars PCM. I had to give up the SVT cluster because it only had 724 miles, compared to my 35,000 (at the time)

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts
It'll work. I tested an SVT tach cluster on my non-tach Focus and it works just fine. Problem is finding an odometer with the mileage close to your current mileage....the mileage is stored in the cluster itself...not in the cars PCM. I had to give up the SVT cluster because it only had 724 miles, compared to my 35,000 (at the time)
hmm isn't there a way to get by that? I don't care if it's illegal, i'd just do it to push it back or forward to my current mileage :p

·
Registered
909 Posts
aww WTF!? I SO want this....... look it even comes with the oil pressure and the other gauge.....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/_Car-Truck-Parts-Accessories__02-03-04-Focus-SVT-Gauges-Cluster-Oil-Pressure-Complete_W0QQitemZ280275928873QQadnZCarQ20Q26Q20TruckQ20PartsQ20Q26Q20AccessoriesQQadiZ2865QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item280275928873&_trkparms=72%3A543|39%3A1|65%3A12|240%3A1318&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245

wow what's going on? :eek:
I'v never seen anyone actually hook up the oil pressure guages on a non-SVT Focus. I'm sure it's possible, but not practical IMO. It would be good for "looks" though lol

·
Registered
909 Posts
hmm isn't there a way to get by that? I don't care if it's illegal, i'd just do it to push it back or forward to my current mileage :p
No way you can't get by that mileage issue. I remember someone talking about removing the electronics from their old cluster and swapping it into the new one...but I guess it never happened due to the complexity of it

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts
ah......I also read a complex thread from a few years back and said they could have ford reprogram it......but it'd be alot and you'd need to report it to the DMV..... I guess I'd just find one with close mileage..... and hint hint, the reason I wanted that whole thing from ebay is because of the eventual swap to SVT [;)]

1 - 15 of 15 Posts