Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just picked up a 2001 se focus and i was woundering what would be the best motor mods for my money? the only thing i did so far was put on a true cold air intake. i could really use some ideas. thanks ahead of time[dunno]

·
Registered
190 Posts
ya that is true, but N/A Fofos are sweet lolz. Ya biggest bang for buck is F/I. Look around the forums and read.

But whats your performance goal, i learned early that if you don't have a goal you will spend money like crazy and wont go very far. And do you have a Budget or any restrictions with money or anything. The More info you give us the better we can help you.

If you want to say N/A then i would say Header + Exhaust, Cams, Adjustable Cam Gears, Tune, etc

OH and welcome to the FF family!

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
i'd go with a TURBO!

i'm getting a turbo for my focus after Christmas...i guess you can say part of it is my Christmas gift from my parents.

With a turbo, you will get more gain for your buck over anything else you could do. Also, turbo'd cars are flipping sweet anyways haha

oh yea, Welcome to FF.com!

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i am looking to get alot of power out the money i spend, and yeah i am on a bit of a budget. but what is the best turbo to go with, do i have to do any other mods to my motor with the turbo? like injectors, throttle body,ignition,etc?

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
oh and thanks for welcoming me to the family, i love this website i never knew that there was so many people that loved this car that much, its GREAT!!!!

·
Registered
190 Posts
well if u can spend a couple grand right off the bat, ppl are going to say Turbo. But if you cant you can always save up for a turbo kit later on. But what are your goals and such?

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
im looking to get around a 100 extra horse power if not a lil bit more

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
turbo is the way then, thats a easy hp gain. but a little costly, but compared to n/A ... forgeeeeeeIT about it!

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
is there any downside with useing a turbo? can i damage anything with just using a turbo and not upgradeing any of the other things like fuel and ignition

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
well shoot of your only aiming fora around a hunderd more might i suggest a jrsc with bbk (a roots blower) and a header camgears tune and catback. that should make and easy 230 horses. and the roots blower is much cheaper than a turbo for teh budget minded enthusiast. its not as awesome. but itll throw you back in the seat a bit.

oak creek. hmmm that sounds actaully pretty close to menasha. waht major city are you closest to.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks, where might i find this roots blower? and im closest to milwaukee

1 - 13 of 13 Posts