Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In about 3 weeks im buying a Stg4 CM Clutch kit. I know its a good idea to buy a Flywheel also, but is it a must? I really don't have then $ for both, and my clutch has about had it.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
just upgrade the flywheel when you get the moolah, i'm pretty sure it's not required. someone correct me if i'm wrong

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
this winter they replaced me clutch and flywheel w/ the revised parts. do you think it still needs resurfaced?

·
Registered
511 Posts
And you'll have to pay labor again when you decide to get an aluminum one.

Ohhh, but wait, since you are thinking about getting just the clutch, won't it have to be unsprung since the dual-mass flywheel takes care of the dampening??? And then when you decide to get an aluminum flywheel, you'll have to buy a sprung clutch........

Stop me if I am wrong.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm doing the install myself. As for the sprung and unsprung this I have no idea. Thats why I posted this. If its gonna be a big deal I'll just buy the clutch and wait to install it till i get the flywheel.

·
The Godfather
4,405 Posts
No, you can run that clutch on a stock flywheel. As long as you are doing this yourself it isn't a big deal labor wise.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I would definately go with the flywheel when you put in the clutch. I did the labor myself too, and trust me, once its done, you don't want to do it again. The flywheel made a big difference in the way the car acts too.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts