Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just over 26000 miles on my 2003 Focus Wagon SE and I have been hearing the signs of new front brakes. I have seen several suggestions for upgrading the rotors and pads when brakes are changed. My car is used for regular transportation and I am looking for some suggestions which are not very expensive but will certainly last for more than 26,000 miles. I have never had to replace brakes on a car this soon and it is really sad [:(]. Any suggestions??? Also when you make these types of changes does it only involve changing the rotors and pads? The calipers and other components are fine right?

·
Registered
151 Posts
if its going going to be a daily driver i would say just get a set of carbon metalic brake pads. they will stop quicker and they will be easier on your rotors then semi-metalic because they can disapate heat quicker. as for the rotors, replace if they look grooved from the old pads. any other part should only be replaced if broken. hope that helps you out.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Powerslot make good rotors and Hawk break pads work well as well. My friend has them on his foci and they stop pretty quick when needed

·
Registered
296 Posts
carbon metallic will not stop you faster at slow speeds...err...not until your pads heat up. This is coming from experience with my last car. CM pads are designed to be high temp burning pads...they work well on the track when brakeing a lot, but not for daily driving.

Get some ceramic ones or OEM.

·
Registered
373 Posts
just take it to a brake shop. you probably have rear drums. forget the ordering from the internet. a local Brake Team or even Midas can have parts there the next day and they warrantee everything including their work. I took my svt to brake team and my car stops on a damn dime. given i spent $550 for four rotors, four sets of pads and dot4 brake fluid, i'm sure they could set your wagon up for no more than $200

·
Registered
25,620 Posts
Kamui said:
Powerslot make good rotors and Hawk break pads work well as well. My friend has them on his foci and they stop pretty quick when needed
Good stuff ^^^

You may want to consider doing a stainless brake line kit as well if you want to upgrade a bit.. Tony D. at NEW EDGE keeps em in stock, will improve the brakes about 20%

·
Registered
682 Posts
Since this is used for regular driving don't get powerslot rotors slotted rotors go through pads quicker get and oem type rotor with a hawk pad it will work just fine for regular driving.

·
Registered
25,620 Posts
For stock quality and not a ton of $$ . Powerslot rotors , hawk pads, and stainless lines would make a great upgrade without breaking the bank..or you could also go EBC as well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts