Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took about 35-40 minutes. Had one sort of scary moment half way through where i got a message that said the USB type was not supported. I just hit the ok button and left it alone.

I wasn't really having any major problems before the update, so it's kind of hard to tell if it did much. The touch inputs and sync seem to register a little faster, but otherwise I haven't noticed much. I did have a little trouble getting my phone to pair the first time, but it worked fine on the second try.

My music indexed in about 3-4 minutes (~8gb). I didn't have any radio presets, but my sirius presets did not get reset. I think the only things I lost were my phone being paired and all of the wallpapers I had saved to the system. All in all it was pretty simple and it saved me a trip to the dealership.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
[poke]http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=268508[smackbum]

[nutkick]
Yeah...[scratch]

That's a thread that says its out. Not one person talks about actually doing it. I was trying to share my experience for people that might be curious about the actual process.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Took about 35-40 minutes. Had one sort of scary moment half way through where i got a message that said the USB type was not supported. I just hit the ok button and left it alone.

I wasn't really having any major problems before the update, so it's kind of hard to tell if it did much. The touch inputs and sync seem to register a little faster, but otherwise I haven't noticed much. I did have a little trouble getting my phone to pair the first time, but it worked fine on the second try.

My music indexed in about 3-4 minutes (~8gb). I didn't have any radio presets, but my sirius presets did not get reset. I think the only things I lost were my phone being paired and all of the wallpapers I had saved to the system. All in all it was pretty simple and it saved me a trip to the dealership.
Looking for code and instructions... This sounds like one I wanna try...[unsure]

Reactions: MGDeftones

·
Registered
2,654 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Update completed today. 9 files updated. It took about 30 mins.

·
Registered
355 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
I had to make about an hour drive and I didnt want to waste gas just letting it run in the driveway so I decided to update MFT while I was driving. Everything installed fine. I did have one problem at the beginning of the install saying there wasnt enough space so I did a master reset and restarted the install. After that little hiccup everything went well.

Miller

·
Registered
355 Posts
How long did it take to download the files from the Sync site to your USB?

Tony
About 10-15 mins. Pretty slow for less than a gig.

·
Registered
532 Posts
I tried to install today and the download was complete. There were still bugs and I decided to reinstall, but it seemed that one of the files could not install. I was using a POS drive. I have downloaded to a new USB drive and will try the install tomorrow and let you know how it went. My first intall was FAT32, and the new one will be regular FAT.

·
Registered
967 Posts
In the future on newer cars Ford might want to consider a power port under the hood or something that an extension cord could hook into for a wall plug, as my town and a bunch of others in my neighborhood have 5 minute anti-idling laws. Hope I never get caught updating my car...[:)~]

·
Registered
647 Posts
In the future on newer cars Ford might want to consider a power port under the hood or something that an extension cord could hook into for a wall plug, as my town and a bunch of others in my neighborhood have 5 minute anti-idling laws. Hope I never get caught updating my car...[:)~]
I can't imagine anyone would ever complain about your 2.0L Focus whisper-quiet engine idling in front of your house or apartment. I doubt anyone would even know it was running unless they were standing next to it.

Tony

·
Registered
532 Posts
I tried to install today and the download was complete. There were still bugs and I decided to reinstall, but it seemed that one of the files could not install. I was using a POS drive. I have downloaded to a new USB drive and will try the install tomorrow and let you know how it went. My first intall was FAT32, and the new one will be regular FAT.
I did try to reinstall and the system and got an error message that says that one of the files did not load. This has to be the most frustrating experience out there. I will try again. My gut instinct said for me not to install this and I failed to follow it. Version 2.10 had some bugs, but it was not bad compared to this. The problems I am having now is numerous. When I ask it to go to another band and preset number, the display does not change. I will usually not get the proper station number displayed on the screen. Of course the system lags in response to my inputs. I did reset after reset and it failed to solve the problem. My guess is that this is why only dealers would be allowed to install the update and not us. What are your thoughts? This is very bad programming and perhaps I should of bought a non-sync Ford Focus SE instead!

[mad]

·
Registered
63 Posts
Man, living in a nanny state must be a lot of fun. [poke] I guess the government telling me how long I can idle my car in my own driveway using my own fuel is a concept so foreign to me that I cannot grasp that free men could allow such a thing.

Sorry to hear that, it is my fervent hope that you are able to regain your freedom one day... Good Luck

·
Registered
647 Posts
I updated to 2.11 a few days ago and I've already had 3 "performing scheduled maintenance" screens when I start the car up, which I was not having a problem with ever since I had the APIM replaced. I'm hoping it's just temporary, because if it's not I'm going to be extremely pissed off. [rant]

Tony

1 - 20 of 41 Posts