Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tons of mods since I last posted pics of my car with the dealer plate still on the car. To name a few...5%, amber in the grill delete, Ford Racing floor mats, rims, painted SVT black, Black ford emblems on the front and back, SVT steering wheel emblem,foglight independent rewire, and removed tranny counterweight...but that's invisible. Hope you guys enjoy

lemme know what you think.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Nice wheels man! Loving the color against the red!

·
Registered
47 Posts
I love those black Ford emblems wher can i get some or a write up of how to do it?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
24 Posts
What grill did you use to replace the stock one with the orange lights? Also, what did you do with the bulbs and sockets left without a home now?

I've been looking to do this but wasn't sure whether or not pulling the bulbs for the grill lights would cause the turn signals to flash fast or something else. I've got an 03' with euro package so the turns are in the headlights and side of bumpers... Not sure if that changes how the lgihting would function if the bulbs in the grill were disconnected either.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
It's a focus RS grill...i've got one in my car...you just unplug the bulb house and hide them behind the bumper...no they don't flash fast if you disconnect the housing....

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
focusedintentions said:
It's a focus RS grill...i've got one in my car...you just unplug the bulb house and hide them behind the bumper...no they don't flash fast if you disconnect the housing....
Correction they dont flash fast when you disconnect the housing with the European package cause there are turns in the headlights. However, if you are non-euro like my self, it screws up and does a couple other things to(besides flashing fast). I had to paint my bulbs black and hide them behind my grill. Everytime I unplugged the bulbs or the bulb sockets, it knew the loop wasn't closed, so I have to leave everything connected at all times.

·
Registered
9,476 Posts
ahhh!!!!, the holes in the bumper hurt me.......

looks damn good man, now we REALLY need to hook up and get a photo shoot going with our cars.....

I will be stealing the ford emblem stickers and the grill for my car....[;)]

EDIT....
by "foglight independant rewire" you mean the foglight mod, or actually having ONLY the fogs on?

I want JUST the fogs on while driving.....I have the markers and fogs on now...

·
EvenDeathCan'tStopMe
4,894 Posts
Looks GREAT!!!!!

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
VNMOUS said:
Correction they dont flash fast when you disconnect the housing with the European package cause there are turns in the headlights. However, if you are non-euro like my self, it screws up and does a couple other things to(besides flashing fast). I had to paint my bulbs black and hide them behind my grill. Everytime I unplugged the bulbs or the bulb sockets, it knew the loop wasn't closed, so I have to leave everything connected at all times.
ah...did not know that...thanks for the info :)....also...he has a euro edition too so my info applies to him :)

·
The Librarian
13,116 Posts
Sweetness!
Love the wheels. What brand/type/size are they?

BTW,
You sure you don't want this in the “Ford Focus Showroom” for all to see? [;)]

EDIT:
Never mind, ZX3_Chick beat me to it. [:D]

·
Registered
9,476 Posts
^OWNED by ZX3_Chick...someone stop her, she is loose again!!!! [hihi]

+1 on what kind of rims those are.....nice....

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
HaveBlue83 said:
^OWNED by ZX3_Chick...someone stop her, she is loose again!!!! [hihi]

+1 on what kind of rims those are.....nice....
I'm scared to share the brand of rims. I believe they are knock enkei's, but nevertheless are cheap rims. I was surprised at the quality of build they are for being so relatively cheap aftermarket rims.

*cough*www.wheelmax.com *cough*
PS. It is so damn hard to find aftermarket rims in our size 17x7(so you dont have to buy new tires) in a 4x108 bolt pattern. there are only a few styles on that site that fit Foci.

·
i wear no pants
17,506 Posts
looks good mate, get some machs and you would have a beautiful car.

·
Registered
745 Posts
how much did the ford racing mats cost?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
blacknfastsvt said:
how much did the ford racing mats cost?
They were either $30 or $40. I can't remember.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Oh, yes indeed, I like your car! I've been wanting to do something with my emblems too. Did you remove the SVT emblem on the hatch to paint it? Did you have to special order the decals, cause I couldn't find any SVT or Ford decals on the web site you gave. Thanks Kent

1 - 20 of 21 Posts