Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I'm back!

Sorry for the absence, I moved and had numerous difficulties with my internet services and things of that nature ... Good to see the message boards have been happenin' lately : )

I'm sad to see the BDI Throttle Body thing fell through too, very unfortunate. At least someone seems to have found some of them though on another post. I'll still be looking to get one ...

Just wanted to elt everyone know I didn't die or anything, and I have bought a couple new performance parts to add to the car just this week, behold;

From Tony @ New Edge Performance;

FC 25% Underdrive Pulley (3-5 HP Gain)
Short Shifter
Ford Racing SVT Pedal Set

From F2 Focus;

Ford Focus Cold Air Intake
- will be replacing filter IMMEDIATELY with K&N one

Also looking to get my tails tinted as soon as I get ahold of someone, and VERY VERY soon get a 20% all around tint. I also have this GREAT Idea to get some window graphics done in my rear window (top secret, I won't tell you!) but no one in my area does it ... : ( I am still searching though, I'll keep you posted!

Pics posted very soon, as soon as I get the stuff in, and a day off to install : )

Let me know what you guys think!

·
Powering America
8,559 Posts
For the tinted tails, I have to recomend going through Chad (cbrenn71) he does an awesome job and his prices are reasonable. Here is his thread in exterior mods.

Mike

·
GreyRice WOoT!
10,786 Posts
glad to see your back safe and sound, a nce list of goodies to do, and really tinting your tails arent that hard, get either nightshade or black laquer(sp?) and just spray em, sand em down and spray em and itll look good, had my buddy do it with the laqeur and turned out ok, ill prolly sand them then get nightshade and redo em cuz a good sanding is in order

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thanks, Mike .. I was going to use him anyway, we had been talking about it before I re-located. I just need to get him to send me his address so I can proceed.

On another note, I removed my entire airbox assembly, before I realized I needed a stupid torx bit. I looked around at first, and found the gold screws on my MAF sensor connection to the airbox, and assumed those were the weird screws, so I proceeded all the way to removeing the battery ... then I found the real ones : ( So I'm off to sears automotive or Ford today to get a bit, and one of those battery terminal bristle things ... mad corrosion on my positive terminal, can't believe I haven't noticed until now!

Also, I guess I need to re-locate wires to the front of my list if the 30,000 mile rumor is in fact true ... Does anyone know If I can stick with my factory coil, or should I really replace it? (and if so, any recommendations would be good) I was thinking about the Focus Sport wires ...

·
GreyRice WOoT!
10,786 Posts
^^^ill tell you after i get my coil pack in, i got magnecor wires and tower from massive speed they look ok, a bit bigger then stock size, but cant tell about performance, karl, owner of MSS, said they might give me 1hp gain and itll help the idle, which i knew about idle from other members.

·
Powering America
8,559 Posts
Sounds great Playa, he does an awesome job. About the corrosion, yeah, I just discovered some on my battery too...cleaned it up today and the car runs so much better.

Mike

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
runs better? really, how so? I bought one of those things today at advance ... it's kind of a pain trying to find a t20 taper proof torx bit ... snap-on sells one bit for $13! no one else has them, except sears in a whole kit for $24 ... probably what I'll get tomrrow after work. so lame.

The ford guy said 'well they're not supposed to be removed.' yeah, thanks like I didn't know that. The thing is though, I'm going to remove it : )

I guess I need an impact wrench for the UDP ... kind of weird how I have to buy a new tool every time I do something to my car ... anyone else with this problem? : )

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Update [07-14-06]:

Installed F2 Focus Cold Air Intake for Zetec today.

Car gets air MUCH faster between shifts than with stock configuration (biggest change noticed). Louder when in higher RPM (deeper note) but otherwise relatively quiet.

No instructions included, but S&H was free and VERY fast. Filter kind of cheap, will soon replace with K&N filter, round tapered 65mm (MSRP $45) + Dry kit.

Received New Edge Performance parts today (FedEx left me a sticky note the other day) in record time! S&H VERY inexpensive, but shipped next day & delivered day after that. Parts packaged well.

Short shifter, ford racing SVT pedal kit & Focus Central UDP ready for install next day-off. (Does anyone know if I REALLY need a torque wrench?)

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Torque wrench - YES.

If you don't want to buy one, some autoshops will give them to you for a deposit. You get the deposit back when you return the wrench.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts