Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just ordered two sets of bulbs for my 55w/projector combo. 5000k and 3000k. The 5000k will be for everyday driving but I would like to use the 3000k every now and then for late night canyon runs :) the 8000k ones I have right now are a little blue for my liking and I want brighter :) haha

So what does everyone think of this???
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Focus-...us&vxp=mtr&hash=item3f0f29dee9#ht_3328wt_1392

I kinda want it....

EDIT: I also have a trunk lid on its way that in time will become carbon fiber :) extreme dimensions will have a carbon fiber trunk available for our generation after that >:)

·
Meh.
10,609 Posts
I for one like the carbon fiber interior trim as long as it doesn't look to cheap when you put it in.

·
Boosted HB.
1,698 Posts
^^ agreed. Just make sure when installed you clean the surface real well. I've had CF overlay and it came out pretty nice.

·
Unicorn Owner
2,757 Posts
Hate to point this out but that CF kit isn't for the focus. Or at least the pictures he is showing aren't for the focus.

I have seen the overlays for it out there and they look great. I say go for it.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yea the picture isn't but if you look at the title or the diagram half way down it is. I'll have to check it out in a couple of checks :)

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
act now and well double your order, just pay separate shipping and handling of $499. Per additional item!

Okay seriously that is great if you can get a fiber trunk lid, especially if they could add a nice lip spoiler built it!
The bulb upgrade should be great, a lot better light output with those colors.
Bob

·
Registered
3,458 Posts
haha i love how every time we see an ad like this we all start the sarcastic comments lmao

·
Registered
3,458 Posts
act now and well double your order, just pay separate shipping and handling of $499. Per additional item!

Okay seriously that is great if you can get a fiber trunk lid, especially if they could add a nice lip spoiler built it!
The bulb upgrade should be great, a lot better light output with those colors.
Bob
Yeah! if they built on a spoiler lip i would definitely buy it! that would fix one rattle point from my system!

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hahaha yea I like the idea of the overlay, just gotta find a good vendor lol.

I'm really excited for the trunk lid, I'm not gonna put it on until I have a hood too though. And some performance mods haha I'm kind of curious how long I'll get away with 3000k bulbs...

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
I had some 3000 ish halogens in my stock headlights for a while and they were amazing, but there illigal as all get out and they were 110/90w bulbs! so i took them out after a week so I would not melt the housings (already effed up a little bit of the reflector coating). If anyone wants H13 110/90w Yellow bulbs let me know! lol

Personally I want to put in some driving lights with 3000k bulbs in the stock "Fog Light" location or maybe rally style in the middle of the bumper under the licence plate.

Bob

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I had some 3000 ish halogens in my stock headlights for a while and they were amazing, but there illigal as all get out and they were 110/90w bulbs! so i took them out after a week so I would not melt the housings (already effed up a little bit of the reflector coating). If anyone wants H13 110/90w Yellow bulbs let me know! lol

Personally I want to put in some driving lights with 3000k bulbs in the stock "Fog Light" location or maybe rally style in the middle of the bumper under the licence plate.

Bob
Yea I was really wondering about buying a set of Hellas and wiring up two in the center of the bumper....specially cause I don't have fog lights...

Something like these:
http://www.tirerack.com/lighting/detail.jsp?ID=1006&brand=Hella
http://www.tirerack.com/lighting/detail.jsp?ID=1036&brand=PIAA

But what makes me really curious are these:
https://www.rigidindustries.com/category-s/129.htm

1 - 13 of 13 Posts