Focus Fanatics Forum banner

61 - 71 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
My car did this at around the 6k mile mark. It sounded just like in the video, like an electronic beep. It did this after I turned it off, and it would not stop no matter what. I just let it be overnight, it was gone in the morning, and I never heard it since.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I posted about this same noise a month ago , was anyone in this thread able to find out the cause of the noise? To me it sounded like it was coming from the engine bay passenger side down at the bottom of the belt area. I dont think it has anything to do with something getting wet, because on the one occasion I heard it, it hadnt rained for days. That morning I backed it out of the garage and shut it off and thats when I heard it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Nope, i bought mine brand new. 2014 SE Manual, and it's been doing this since day 1.

Considering my AC broke a few months ago out of nowhere, and i haven't gotten it fixed yet or fixed it myself.. i have a feeling it's something related to that system.

P.S. They should really update the human verification system.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My car does the exact noise. 2018 Focus S, 14k miles, dealership wont touch the car because of a branded title. Very annoying noise to hear all night, in my parking space. I disconnected the negative battery cable to see if it would stop the noise. Didn't make any difference, so I'm at a loss. The noise is at the beginning and at the 25 second mark.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Mine just started doing this last night. Was driving me crazy. I have a 2016 Focus Titanium with only 22k miles on it. I have not found any info on this except a Youtube video from a few years ago. The guy updated and said that his ac unit had to get replaced to fix it. It was the exact same noise that mine is making. I have been searching the internet all day and that is the only thing I could find.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Little update. I took it to the dealership this morning. They checked it out and couldn't get it to repeat. They also found no error codes in the computer. So not sure what to do about it if I cant get it the noise to happen when at the dealership.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Little update. I took it to the dealership this morning. They checked it out and couldn't get it to repeat. They also found no error codes in the computer. So not sure what to do about it if I cant get it the noise to happen when at the dealership.
My 2014 SE hatch has been doing the same noise since I bought the car brand new. Still hear it sometimes, over 5 years later... Car still runs perfectly fine, I just always ignored that beep.

·
Registered
3 Posts
My 2014 SE hatch has been doing the same noise since I bought the car brand new. Still hear it sometimes, over 5 years later... Car still runs perfectly fine, I just always ignored that beep.
Yeah only issue is that my neighbors are complaining about it. The noise goes on for hours and hours at a time. So still working on trying to figure out what it is.

61 - 71 of 71 Posts