Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had nothing to do with the builds of any of these cars, but I'd like to get a list going of all the highest horsepower Focuses here in the States. From what I've seen, FSWerks lead the pack early on in the Duratec game, with numbers hovering around 400whp on a few builds, including 436HP in their 2009 SEMA show car...

Up next is Top Speed, who have been making WAVES in the forced induction world, with a few BLISTERING runs well over 500whp, and dipping into the sixes!

Andy's infamous red unicorn:

There's also Jared's old FWD build, which put down a hefty 538whp, with the track time to back it up. Now that he's going RWD, we'll see what Jared and the crew at Top Speed do to turn up the wick on the drivetrain:

Then, of course, there's everybody's favorite Floridian, good ol' Jimjam (Jim) with his recent debut of the grey car. It's amazing how far this car has come in just a few years; from stock Roush turbo to the ground-shattering 602whp he's putting down now. He even says the car puts down an easy to drive, reliable 454whp on pump gas. Much like the last iteration of Jared's car, Jim's sees regular track time:

As far as future threats are concerned, Top Speed is throwing their hat into the Duratec ring with yet another big-power, precision-tuned build. Known for their meticulous attention to detail, unfathomably huge power numbers, and DD-level drivability, Top Speed has set their sights on FSWerks in the Duratec world.

Will Top Speed's heaps of in-your-face, knock-down, drag-out power dethrone FSWerks as the Duratec fabrication and tuning kings; or will FSWerks continue to hold their monopoly on the Duratec market through years of proven, reliable performance and second-to-none service? Let's hope they can share the market equally, as they both have too much to offer to us to just fade away.

Lastly, I'd be remiss if I didn't mention Focus-Power. Years of tuning Focuses with dynos, computers, and USB cables matched with over a decade of building turbo systems with welders, saws, and small hammers make Tom a formidable name in the focus performance world. His recent claims of over 700whp blow others' number out of the water, so the anticipation is quickly building to see just what his ever-veiled project car is truly capable of.

·
FF PHOTOG ENTHUSIAST
15,097 Posts
There is actually a dyno thread already created for this:

HERE

-Ray-

·
I need BOOOOST!!!!!!
6,125 Posts
And toms car made 735whp but that car has been dismantled for 3 years or more now I think. it made more power than that at one point but the crank couldnt take it and broke. Need a billet crank for much more than the 735whp he put down. And the car was street legal and very dd-able. Automatic by lentech ftw!

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
Yeah, this thread is redundant with no value added...

·
Premium Member
4,739 Posts
Thanks for the comments :) you also forgot fernando focus

·
Banned
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bah, I did! To be honest, I don't know much about him, so please feel free to add in some info about Fernando's latest shenanigans. :)

·
GT40 all the things!
9,482 Posts
Excellent collection here.
Posted via FF Mobile

·
FF Affiliate
31,180 Posts
Agree there is a thread for this already this is beating a dead horse , Please remove me name from this as mine is not a claim its fact and I feel your just going to start things with this post

Tom

·
Banned
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Come on, dude, this is a serious discussion. I'd like to see dyno graphs from ALL the big power Focuses in here. Let's not derail the topic already.

·
GT40 all the things!
9,482 Posts
Agreed. Completely unnecessary.

And I would like to know your opinions on big power. Over 400whp?
Posted via FF Mobile

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.