Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im driving down the road and all of a sudden my rpm and speed gauges go down to zero and the "problem" light comes on, the odo and trip turn to "-" marks all the way across. The power dies and some times it comes back and others it doesnt. When it doesnt, it wont start. I unplugged my neg battery and put it back on and it started fine. If anyone has any suggestions to why this is happening then I will love u forever haha! I dont like my fofo being sick :( makes my heart ache.

·
MW2 NE1?
1,612 Posts
just guessing alternator out? a short in a wire? are your terminals dirty? gotta be some kind of electrical problem

·
RIP 02 SVT 0209
3,944 Posts
witchcraft lol ...
sorry that sucks cant help you on that one..

·
Registered
25,627 Posts
Sounds like your main terminals to the battery are loose. Check both ends of the main power wires.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My lights do flicker whenever im in neutral, or stopped at light and someone said that could be an alternator goin bad. As far as that goes, I have been meaning to get both the alternator and battery replaced but it never came to this before.... and this was all of a sudden.
Now my oil light comes on when the engine shuts itself off.... I will skip my first day of school and take it in on tuesday. My car is more important [:p]

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
After consulting to my cousin"s boyfriend( mechanic) told me that the alternator is the cause of the lights but the shutting down could be the fuel pump. So im going to replace the fuel pump and hope it gets better.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts