Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been searching and searching and haven't heard anyone complain of this. One day (about two years ago) I started my Focus and my stock head unit (the Blaupunkt version) started cycling on and off nonstop, even when I removed the key from the ignition. All I could do was remove the fuse. I figured that the unit was bad (the screen had already almost stopped working completely) and thought nothing of it. I haven't replaced it yet because I've been broke. However I've been having a lot of lights blow out recently and just had to replace the battery after two years. Connected perhaps?

·
Focus Hoarder
3,633 Posts
Those Blaupunkt Radios they install in the Focus's are Garbage to me.. all I've seen is problems with them.. to be honest All the focus radio to Pre 05 are prone to alot of major problems

(Waits for the many people who are satified customers with the radio to start ranting they never have problems and 3 weeks later they get it :p and/or waits for the bash session to me for my thoughts)

its funny tho Ive read some documents from a buddy that actually link the cycling/radio failure and the problems with the lighting.. no one has exactly pinpointed the problem.. from the looks of it tho its the electrical harness/module's that failed and spike the electronics ( don't hold me on that last one, its just from what i read)

The blaupunkt
-- Known Problems
-LCD Stops working
-Radio Starts Cycling on and off and will not work correctly ( From most consumers they had to pull the radios fuse to keep the radio off eventually leading to the radios full demise when they reconnect the fuse on some occations)
-CD's jam
-knobs fail and either barely work or you turn it up and it turns down instead (this problem is prone to all the radios)

9006/6006
- scratch's CD's
- Changer jams
- they will all of a sudden die
-same problem with the knobs

-Single CD Stock
-has a weak laser and will skip/not read clean cd's
-scratch's CD's
-FM Chip will randomly start going ( FM stations will come and go like your out of range eventually leading to total FM Frequency loss) <--> RX Receiver Crystal/Chip fails due to overheating.. this is mostly common on the 2000-2003 years)
-failure of the volume knob

·
Registered
759 Posts
well i don't beleive you, your all wrong, and stupid, and retarded, and your justg wrong the units NEVER EVER go bad. i mean why would they make something if they knew you were going to have to replace it later......

stockers suck in all categories...gl with trying to find the connection

·
Registered
433 Posts
^^^^^^^
Agreed

My Blaupunkt did the exact same thing. I pulled it out, and then replaced it with an aftermarket. They sounded good for a stocker, but man they are a pile of crap.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts