Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll try my very best to describe the noise...it sounds like a very soft "clunk". If I were to try to describe what it sounds like more precisely, I might say imagine rolling a lug nut around in a cardboard box, and the soft clunk the nut makes against the side of the box. I only hear it when I'm moving very slowly, and only once or twice before I pick up any speed, and especially if I move slowly over a bump, like when I slow down to turn into a parking lot that might have a small bump in the entryway. It sounds like it may be coming from somewhere around a wheel...definitely from somewhere low on the car.

·
Registered
613 Posts
I'll try my very best to describe the noise...it sounds like a very soft "clunk". If I were to try to describe what it sounds like more precisely, I might say imagine rolling a lug nut around in a cardboard box, and the soft clunk the nut makes against the side of the box. I only hear it when I'm moving very slowly, and only once or twice before I pick up any speed, and especially if I move slowly over a bump, like when I slow down to turn into a parking lot that might have a small bump in the entryway. It sounds like it may be coming from somewhere around a wheel...definitely from somewhere low on the car.
I had a similar issue and noise. It ended up being the strut bearing assembly.

·
__________/\__
2,183 Posts
It is likely your bump stops. Harmless but annoying.

There is a TSB that addresses this issue:

https://www.google.com/url?q=http:/...azUWsw&usg=AFQjCNHu0phEjo-Q__F0wNm-0zqSSN163Q

·
Registered
195 Posts
Its 99% the bump stops. Ive had this issue since day one and had its "fixed" once. Which involves lubing the bumpstops. It came back and im just gonna take care of it the next time i change tires. Not a big deal, but does make the car sound cheap inside the cabin. Not sure if people hear it outside the car or not.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks everyone. I think I'll continue to worry more about getting my car washed after all the salt and then about a 2,000 mile road trip.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts